Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #101
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

People love their shields, that's obvious. I sold my Windlass for ~$2800 when the first Cap movie came out, which is insane price. But I thought with all the custom shields that have flooded the market since (and driven the price down on the Windlass to a more "normal" level) that this wouldn't escalate that quickly. Crazy.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #102
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

I knew you guys would love that link
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #103
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That was an awesome link to send the wife who found the picture of the EFX order confirmation in our shared photostream before I told her I was getting it . Heartfelt thanks Titanchuck!

(FTR She is beyond awesome when it comes to buying swag but as a big Batman collector she does question when I dump big money on non Dark Knight pieces.)
No problem..Lol!!!same thing I did ran and showed my wife because she complained I was greedy because I ordered two
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #104
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
People love their shields, that's obvious. I sold my Windlass for ~$2800 when the first Cap movie came out, which is insane price. But I thought with all the custom shields that have flooded the market since (and driven the price down on the Windlass to a more "normal" level) that this wouldn't escalate that quickly. Crazy.
I guess because its licensed and its going to be a quality product from efx (their cs sucks).

Still the aluminum spun shields either rival or are vastly superior than this fiberglass offering.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #105
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I guess because its licensed and its going to be a quality product from efx (their cs sucks).

Still the aluminum spun shields either rival or are vastly superior than this fiberglass offering.
The big appeal of the fibreglass to me is that they are far more resilient to damage than aluminum ones. Equally as important they are screen accurate as the majority, if not all, the shields used onscreen to date were fibreglass.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #106
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The big appeal of the fibreglass to me is that they are far more resilient to damage than aluminum ones. Equally as important they are screen accurate as the majority, if not all, the shields used onscreen to date were fibreglass.
Aluminum shields were used in TFA
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #107
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Aluminum shields were used in TFA
In regards to the TFA shields looks like we are both right lol:

"This is a hero shield composed of a resin, silver-painted back with brown leather and buckle arm straps.The iconic shield face is of aluminum veneer in silver, red and blue. This is a battle-scarred shield carried by Steve Rogers as Captain America in various early scenes of Rogers's emergence as the ultimate super hero soldier." ($4,000 - $6,000)
https://www.profilesinhistory.com/au...enger-auction/

Some of them were even rubber.

Cool catalogue for the prop auctions. The different shields and the different materials they were made of are detailed throughout. The only shield that was strictly aluminum is the prototype one and the only one strictly fibreglass was the triangular USO one
https://www.profilesinhistory.com/wp...on-Catalog.pdf
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #108
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

I'm a long time lurker on this board and just finally decided to sign up. I ordered the shield directly from EFX (Full Payment option). Saw you guys posted from their EFX facebook page that pre-order opening morning that there were 20 shields left, so I had to jump on it right away. Glad I did.
toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #109
toysforlife
Fantastic Four

From BBTS website, it says:

Product Number: EFX10031
Shipping Weight: 25.20 pounds

So this is still going to be pretty hefty considering the majority of this shield is constructed of fiberglass with some parts being metal and leather. I'm guessing just the brackets are metals and the straps being leather. So perhaps the thickness of the shield itself will be a pretty thick fiberglass. Minus the wall mount and packaging, I'm wondering if the shield itself will still be close to 20 lbs.
toysforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #110
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysforlife View Post
I'm a long time lurker on this board and just finally decided to sign up. I ordered the shield directly from EFX (Full Payment option). Saw you guys posted from their EFX facebook page that pre-order opening morning that there were 20 shields left, so I had to jump on it right away. Glad I did.
Welcome to the forum! Glad you were able to get a pre-order in.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote