Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #31
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Deathdealer steed NYCC, Frazetta's Barbarian/girl and DDIII... The other DDIII is in 1/6 scale.
Doh! Yes I knew that, brain freeze, you are correct it is 1/6 scale Here is mine (repainted by Shedman)

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #32
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Like your repaint... Got 2 of those, not sure about 1 of them being official, was plain black and a lot cheaper and without the box...even the certificate of authenticity is a different color than my original, was from those guys who were putting metallic finishes on all of them and reselling.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #33
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Like your repaint... Got 2 of those, not sure about 1 of them being official, was plain black and a lot cheaper and without the box...even the certificate of authenticity is a different color than my original, was from those guys who were putting metallic finishes on all of them and reselling.
I never understood what was going on with these statues. They seemed to have endless supply, but also had boxed versions if asked. I won a cheap one and had Paul Moore paint it up. MUCH better.

edit: Actually I may have won this one on eBay from Paul. Cannot recall.

cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:15 PM   #34
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Loved that paint up...didn't you resell it on eBay, remember seeing it there and wanted to bid.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #35
cstojano

Nope I still have it. I may have listed it once when I needed money but it seems hard to get your money back on a pro paint job like this. I think I paid 1200 for it, 1400 for the DD1 he did for me as well. At least those are the numbers I remember. Someday I need to bite the bullet and pay for the paint on the Moore Conan I have here.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #36
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Yeah when I saw Frank Jr out at the museum last year he said this one had been recast and was selling by the hundreds on ebay.

I know mine is legit because it came with the box, numbered and COA, but it also said there was an edition size of 7500 so if that many were made it is certainly possible that there are just that many floating around all over the place.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #37
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
I never understood what was going on with these statues. They seemed to have endless supply, but also had boxed versions if asked. I won a cheap one and had Paul Moore paint it up. MUCH better.

edit: Actually I may have won this one on eBay from Paul. Cannot recall.

Love that one CJ, are you getting any of the ARH Frazettas?
Old 01-11-2016, 10:49 PM   #38
cstojano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Yeah when I saw Frank Jr out at the museum last year he said this one had been recast and was selling by the hundreds on ebay.

I know mine is legit because it came with the box, numbered and COA, but it also said there was an edition size of 7500 so if that many were made it is certainly possible that there are just that many floating around all over the place.
Didn't know about the recasting. Seems odd with such a high ES. I got the idea these folks were selling factory overstock but now that I think of it it does make sense. I have to say, if this is recast it looks amazing in terms of sculpt. Thinking back, I am almost positive THIS statue in particular got me into statues, PERIOD. I think I saw it on eBay offered by Paul and was hooked. This is going back 7 years or so I would say. I don't know who did the marble base and plaque though.

I thought long and hard about the ARH pieces but in the end didn't really care for any of them. While the size was at first a plus the more I thought about the less I liked the real estate required. Plus given how much I have spent on 1:6 scale Frazetta (the two Paul Moore paint ups, the DD Bowen bronze, the Moore Barbarian bronze). I really didn't want anything taking away from in display.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #39
cstojano

Some close-ups. Haven't shared this one in awhile.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:55 PM   #40
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I don't think yours is a recast CJ, I don't believe Paul Moore would repaint a recast given his level of knowledge of the hobby and that Clay owns a statue company.