Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-28-2023, 11:38 AM   #421
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Received mine today. Beautiful statue and as some have mentioned there is too much gray on the what should be white on the costume. Not a deal breaker though.
How I feel after having her for some time. I do wish they went with white over the grey, but I still like the sculpt.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:26 PM   #422
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Mine came in today....paint apps are crisp clean...very well painted....the forced night effect shows in the paint app details....i would say the attention to paint app details for that effect is really good...like if you look in the hood of the masked portrait the tiny blue green lines get darker from outside to inside the hoodie...same goes for the rest of the body and face where there is supposed to be weaker lighting.....no wonky eyes on mine....low light cabinets would work really well with that forced night effect...i can say Sideshow really put in a lot of detail into this piece...
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #423
TheRiddler
Fantastic Four

Gwen

Gwen came in a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to wait for Miles before taking pics. Absolutely love them both!

The OG Spider-man is still the best one on the market IMO, and the tilted base works well enough with these new ones (even if it's not forced perspective).

Bonus shot of my display wall. Half are customs made by me. I should show them off at some point!
TheRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 04:28 PM   #424
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Some great looking customs there, I really like the nightwing that has been based on a spiderman statue
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #425
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Love the customs in your display. I am starting to get into customs now as well as so many other characters are not being touched by licensed companies. Sad, as there are so many pieces that collectors would love to have in their collections to complete a line or have a favorite character represented, etc...
Case and point.....
Nightwing!!!!
And you have two!!!! one conversion and the other a custom individual.

I just pre ordered a museum Nightwing custom that looks amazing!!! Can't wait.

And............

would LOVE to have a Kitty Pryde. So cool that you have one. Cool concept too!!!!!!!

Nice.

I also just ordered my custom Joker. Love the influence art by Gabriele Dell'Otto.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:09 PM   #426
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Love the customs in your display. I am starting to get into customs now as well as so many other characters are not being touched by licensed companies. Sad, as there are so many pieces that collectors would love to have in their collections to complete a line or have a favorite character represented, etc...
Case and point.....
Nightwing!!!!

I just pre ordered a museum Nightwing custom that looks amazing!!! Can't wait.

And............

would LOVE to have a Kitty Pryde. So cool that you have one. Cool concept too!!!!!!!

Nice.

I also just ordered my custom Joker. Love the influence art by Gabriele Dell'Otto.
I know which nightwing you mean, I do like that one but wish there was more of a bird motif on his chest
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:10 PM   #427
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I know which nightwing you mean, I do like that one but wish there was more of a bird motif on his chest
Agreed.

And maybe after the next set of proto pics I may address it if need be.

But so far, it is looking amazing and with the smaller footprint, will work perfect with my displays.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 07:26 PM   #428
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I like that too. So can Lockheed phase through objects by himself, or only when Kitty is touching him?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 10:39 PM   #429
TheRiddler
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Some great looking customs there, I really like the nightwing that has been based on a spiderman statue
Quote:
Case and point.....
Nightwing!!!!
Thanks! Yeah I got tired of waiting for Sideshow to make him so I made him myself...twice! He's my favorite hero so I figured you can't have too many.

Also made a costume a few years back, and then made a mannequin for it and put it in the corner of the room.

Old 07-03-2023, 10:47 PM   #430
TheRiddler
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I like that too. So can Lockheed phase through objects by himself, or only when Kitty is touching him?
Quote:
And............

Thanks, it's based on this art. The figure was sculpted by another artist though I resculpted the hair and completely redesigned the base. It's 2ft x 2ft total! Also, pretty sure Lockheed can't phase alone.