Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 08-14-2023, 01:27 PM   #51
DSTZach
Distributor

Honestly not sure what the current status is. If anything gets RE-offered, I'll let people know, but for now assume all non-Minimates TF product is on hold.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:40 AM   #52
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

interesting. all sites have taken down Galvatron and said it was cancelled some time ago. I see its still available for sale on DS website though.
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/ga...ource=omnisend
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 02:21 AM   #53
KELPIE
New Republic

Just found this thread...

I was really excited for the Galvatron and was willing to pay it's price. Yes it stung but there aren't many options out there.

Grimlock was cheaper but also not as well executed, so I was going to pass on that one.

My understanding was they were two separate lines?

Seems sad that it didn't get off the ground. Maybe Iron Studios will pick it up, or would it be with Numbskull now?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 06:52 AM   #54
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Just found this thread...

I was really excited for the Galvatron and was willing to pay it's price. Yes it stung but there aren't many options out there.

Grimlock was cheaper but also not as well executed, so I was going to pass on that one.

My understanding was they were two separate lines?

Seems sad that it didn't get off the ground. Maybe Iron Studios will pick it up, or would it be with Numbskull now?
Surprised I haven't seen any reviews for the Numskull Optimus yet. They must be too small a company to send out samples to the youtubers.

As for Diamond, or whoever does Transformers pieces in the future, I'd love to see statues done in a style that is similar to the G1 box art.

And I say similar because doing a direct translation would look a little weird because of the proportions IMO. Also, it really doesn't matter to me what the material is as long as they look cool and the colors pop.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #55
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
As for Diamond, or whoever does Transformers pieces in the future, I'd love to see statues done in a style that is similar to the G1 box art.

We did a lot of G1 busts about 10 years ago. More Dreamwave-inspired, but not too far off.

DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #56
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
We did a lot of G1 busts about 10 years ago. More Dreamwave-inspired, but not too far off.

Just Googled these busts and they are great looking. I definitely would've picked these up if I'd been buying statues and busts back then.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:22 PM   #57
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Still hoping they work on more good transformers myself. Not into busts but would have picked up Galvatron on a sale I’m sure. Hoping they do some combiners as there has been no competition for those at all. Everyone keeps doing the same 5 then quits as most that want those already have them. Galvatron would have been cool though and was sad to see it cancelled.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:27 AM   #58
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Although I thought Galvatron was too expensive, it was still disappointing to see it get cancelled. I would have been very interested in picking up some other smaller G1 characters that DST might have done.
Oh well, I guess that means I can focus purely on XM Studios 1/10 Transformers line. At least my wallet will be thankful.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 05:58 PM   #59
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post

Even with my distaste in busts, I grabbed most of them. They were well executed.

That Omega Supreme though - Pride and place in my collection after all these years.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:05 AM   #60
extracomputer.1

Still see places with Galvatron for sale and now with lowered price ($350). Think it got cancelled a year ago so that is kind of scary.

Zac I assume nothing has changed and it is still canceled correct?