Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
Vallos
Jubilee

With the resin version of Ritual being 1/4, coupled with this statue, I believe Yamato is not only expanding the line, but catering to the quarter scale collectors. I could not be any happier.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
With the resin version of Ritual being 1/4, coupled with this statue, I believe Yamato is not only expanding the line, but catering to the quarter scale collectors. I could not be any happier.
Hello Vallos,
are you saying that almost all of this line will offer 1:4th to 1:7th scale for this series & we may also see them in smaller scale as well /
That would be nice
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
Vallos
Jubilee

No that is not what I saying. Although, it might play out that way.

When they started doing the Fantasy Figure Line, a lot of people, including me kept asking if they would ever release any in quarter scale. They explained that logistically they could not mass produce such a size because Japan don’t like that scale, as they prefer the smaller 1/6 scale. However, each and every statue that was announced and released, we still kept asking. I guess they relented, or finally realized there is a market for the quarter scale and announced that the resin version of Ritual will be in 1/4. The Ritual statue is the only one at the time to have the alternate version in a larger scale, usually the alternate is either a color variant or in resin. When I saw the Gynoid statue at SDCC at being quarter scale I was surprised because usually they release statues first in 1/6 and in PVC. So I’m led to believe that they are now catering to us quarter scale collectors. Now, the question is, what, if any, will be the alternate version of the Gynoid? My guess would be the 1/6 PVC version.

Perhaps, Erick can offer any information on that.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
hotrodhoodrat

My bad, "sorry !"(didn't mean to put words in yo..), Thx much Vallos.
Yea.. the 1:4th scale would of been great, if they started the line that way, IMO the detail of each one would be sweet at larger scale.
Now that they have done several of them in 1:6th, most of my collection will be that size, but I may pull the trigger if I see the right statue offered.

I have seen a Gynoid from ebay in 1:4th scale, so when does the 1:6th typically get released, because Yamato has not shown its been released as of yet & is it going to be resin or pvc (?), I too am believing that Yamato would do pvc in 1:6th next.

I just hope, they make Gynoid and the rest of the statues in a limited series(regarless of size), because I am some what disappointed that Golden lover & I do believe some other statues was not offered in this manner and can't wait to see what Yamato does next.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #25
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

While I like this statue, I was going to pass. But now that I seen the website exclusive chrome version, I'm very tempted.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #26
hotrodhoodrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
While I like this statue, I was going to pass. But now that I seen the website exclusive chrome version, I'm very tempted.
If you look close to this statue, she has a removable swim-suit, I don't know if it will happen to the smaller version, but so far I've been impressed w/Yamato & this line, so its possible the smaller peace will too
Old 12-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
Jerry Macaluso of Pop Culture Shock Collectibles is credited???
Erik and his crew were really busy so we stepped in to lend a hand. Khurram Alavi did most of the sculpture in ZBrush.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #28
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Very true, wait until you see the next 1/4 figure from Tanabe San based on Royo...
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #29
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Erik and his crew were really busy so we stepped in to lend a hand. Khurram Alavi did most of the sculpture in ZBrush.
And and awesome job you guys did! Khurram rocks!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #30
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Oh man more statue's based on Luis Royo.
I couldn't be more happier.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote