Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Thanks!
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:38 AM   #1152
entrari
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Here is an updated photo of my display shelf. My room on the right has the newer Glassvik doors because the other doors were discontinued.

Awesome awesome setup man! I wonder if you can give me your thoughts on black or white shelves. I've always used white shelves so the pieces can stand out more. I'm building a new setup though and I'm thinking of doing black this time. I have about 40-50 1/4 pcs. Also thinking if I should do one cube one piece or horizontal displays of multiple pieces.
entrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #1153
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrari View Post
Awesome awesome setup man! I wonder if you can give me your thoughts on black or white shelves. I've always used white shelves so the pieces can stand out more. I'm building a new setup though and I'm thinking of doing black this time. I have about 40-50 1/4 pcs. Also thinking if I should do one cube one piece or horizontal displays of multiple pieces.
If you have that many pieces the Pax system maybe the best choice.

For the color i like black because when i dont have the lights on you cant see the shelfs and statues that much and they blend into the room.

Also the black highlights just the statue and it doesnt take away from the statue.

The white for me was to busy and distracting. Plus i dont like seeing the outlines of the display when you have it white if that makes any sense.

I hope that helps. Also black hides any scuffs or dirt pretty well.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #1154
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Great looking display gamegod!
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:04 PM   #1155
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrari View Post

Light color background shelves is the industry standard,museums etc...Pieces stand out better.

Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #1156
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Yes for a museum,but for a man cave/movie room dark cabinets I find is the best.Sets a mood.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #1157
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

When I got into collecting I bought a black besta for one room and a white one for another and I decided I would try both of them out to see which I liked better before I'd buy anymore of either color. The black unit itself looked classier, but at night it was impossible to see the stuff in there without the lights on, and even during the day sometimes I still had to turn the lights on. With the white one the pieces just stood right out regardless of the lighting conditions. Everything just popped. I also noticed with the black even with the lights on there were quite a few areas of the pieces that the light wouldn't reach and you couldn't even see all of the details. And the whole point of this hobby for me is how nice the statues look, not the display shelves so the last time I went to Ikea I bought a bunch of white ones.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #1158
the Jade Monkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I prefer the white shelves to the black. I just think it makes the statues stand out more(especially the black ones)and doesn't show dust. If I had a complaint about the white shelves, it would be that the holes down the side for mounting the shelves are really noticeable and I haven't figured out a good way to hide them

the Jade Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #1159
the Jade Monkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Machismo View Post
Does anyone have updated links for this? All 404s now
I don't have links but on page 111 of this thread I have all the product names of the pieces and the prices, if that helps.
the Jade Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:30 AM   #1160
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Just wish there was a good all glass display option. I don't want to lose the sides and back of my pieces.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote