Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #1561
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Must be nice to be a Venom fan, all 3 offerings are very cool.
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #1562
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
Must be nice to be a Venom fan, all 3 offerings are very cool.
He's the new Batman/Iron Man.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #1563
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
It just means their brand is damaged , there is nothing personal here. People are passionate about products when they agree with the company at some level and believe in what that company is doing,obviously something went wrong somewhere where people felt cheated, so they just assume that they will be cheated again. It's just very toxic nowadays .

Edit : Ok so I saw the Thanos thread . Good lord that's bad lol.
I bet half of the hyperbole comes from people who just came into the hobby 2-3 years ago and got on the hate bandwagon.

When you're already talking about a piece failing before we've even seen a full picture, that's pure bias. We all have our biases of course, but a person who just assumes every Sideshow piece is overpriced, overproduced, and will inevitably have bad QC can't actually be interested in buying anything from them, so why beat that drum constantly?

The same thing happened when Sideshow first arrived on the comic scene. All of a sudden, Bowen, and 1/6 in general, sucked. It's like people can't just have a preference; everything is either a masterpiece or total garbage, and every piece has to be pitted against some other piece in a death match, so that people on either side feel even better about their purchases.

It's tiring, predictable and old.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:59 AM   #1564
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I bet half of the hyperbole comes from people who just came into the hobby 2-3 years ago and got on the hate bandwagon.

When you're already talking about a piece failing before we've even seen a full picture, that's pure bias. We all have our biases of course, but a person who just assumes every Sideshow piece is overpriced, overproduced, and will inevitably have bad QC can't actually be interested in buying anything from them, so why beat that drum constantly?

The same thing happened when Sideshow first arrived on the comic scene. All of a sudden, Bowen, and 1/6 in general, sucked. It's like people can't just have a preference; everything is either a masterpiece or total garbage, and every piece has to be pitted against some other piece in a death match, so that people on either side feel even better about their purchases.

Yeah there is no reason to hate till you have at least seen the full sculpt.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #1565
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That Vulture...lol

Great representation of a geriatric bird. I mean it, they nailed it. But man...that's going to be a tough sell on the secondary market down the road.

As to the SS Venom, I have to admit, it is slowly growing on me.
I don't think there are many people out there buying the Vulture to flip...at least they shouldn't be.

At any rate, he'll probably be about as easy/hard to sell as characters like Cheetah, Angela, Gamora, Jane Foster Thor, Black Canary etc. etc.

The B and C listers are tough sells no matter what.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #1566
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

Man, you nail it! Really not about them crying so much about price but more that they made the right choice..But and i mean but, they also come on here to rip mainly sideshow and make other collectors who for reasons either can't afford or don't like their pieces feel bad about their choice. That's not what this hobby is about...Sad really..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #1567
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Man, you nail it! Really not about them crying so much about price but more that they made the right choice..But and i mean but, they also come on here to rip mainly sideshow and make other collectors who for reasons either can't afford or don't like their pieces feel bad about their choice. That's not what this hobby is about...Sad really..
And here you are in the Deadpool thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Really? you want to look at more of a boring pose like just standing there holding a chicken.Sorry that one is OK but this is a Action Deadpool..Can't wait for it..
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM   #1568
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I don't think there are many people out there buying the Vulture to flip...at least they shouldn't be.

At any rate, he'll probably be about as easy/hard to sell as characters like Cheetah, Angela, Gamora, Jane Foster Thor, Black Canary etc. etc.

The B and C listers are tough sells no matter what.
Ummm....like 90% of what they sell is re-sold...that's how all those pieces get to N.A. without a license. Just saying, I see this guy and a couple others popping up a lot for pretty reasonable prices. No demand...cause Geriatric Bird. As geeky as I am, even I question needing that character.

Your B and C listers used to be bankable because low ES, but with so much product on the market, that doesn't really hold true anymore.

This Venom if any are going to be hanging around retail post release...I'd bet on it being this one. I only speculate because this is one I might wait out, that I'm warming up to, but is still on the back burner.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #1569
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Ummm....like 90% of what they sell is re-sold...that's how all those pieces get to N.A. without a license. Just saying, I see this guy and a couple others popping up a lot for pretty reasonable prices. No demand...cause Geriatric Bird. As geeky as I am, even I question needing that character.

Your B and C listers used to be bankable because low ES, but with so much product on the market, that doesn't really hold true anymore.

This Venom if any are going to be hanging around retail post release...I'd bet on it being this one. I only speculate because this is one I might wait out, that I'm warming up to, but is still on the back burner.
I get what you are saying as it pertains to all companies B and C listers! But an ES of 500 for a Marvel character that is a mainstay of a Spidey villain and co-founder of the Sinister Six isn't as tough of a sell (especially when it's an exceptional statue) as one might think. I don't care if he is a geriatric bird or not.

Once again, XM Marvel is not meant for the US market...but people perceive their quality and execution of statues as very high...much like Prime 1. I didn't even know that an Anti-Venom existed...much less like the look of the character (not a fan)...but the damn thing sold...and for a C or D character no less. The market is there for just about anything of quality...doesn't matter if it's A, B, C, or D. Low ES helps as well. I bet if XM Black Bolt was an ES of 500 instead of a whopping 999 for a B list character, he would command much, much more in the aftermarket.

For the record, I am not a fan of this SS Venom...but that does not mean that I think it's a bad sculpt or statue. In fact, I think most things SS or any other company make are of a solid quality, it's just that with price being so high...things have to be of exceptional or stellar quality these days. The days of SS $349 for Thor PF or however much it cost are loooooonnnggg gone! So sad for us collectors.

I bet anyone on here that if SS or Prime 1 or XM prices was still $349....Howard the Duck 1/4 PF would sellout. Vulture would be considered an all time grail....and XM Magneto and SS Deadpool (new one) would cause people to have heart attacks because of the awesomeness of it all. Funny how times change.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:16 PM   #1570
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

ES for EX set to 1000
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote