Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #1651
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Xm one no. Sideshow and P1 are on Sideshow webpage
Thanks! Pulled the trigger on SS version.

What is the difference between the EX and the classic version? The EX was the only one available for me. I heard both are same price so curious....
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #1652
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Meh, I much prefer XM Venom to all others, but that's why there are choices. Good time to be a Venom fan.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #1653
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

All 3 Venoms are so good it's nearly impossible not to like one if you're a Venom fan. I have SS and Prime 1 neck and neck with XM coming in second.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #1654
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The ONLY problem with this Venom (Sideshow's one) is his dam.... height. I HATE, i TOTALLY hate, a character being smaller than he is supposed to be. Darkseid PFF is a fail due to his puny size, Killer Croc PFF is wayyyy too short (i know its due to his pose, but a PUNY Killer Croc is a no-no for me). If Sideshow's Venom was 3-4 inch taller as a statue, then END OF DISCUSSION. It has this Sideshow vibe, the "statue-vibe". XM's is too toy-ish, period. Prime1's Venom wins the 1st place ultimately cause he is a F...G BEAST. I want a Venom to ooze fear and intimidation, not a puny one. But Sideshow is slowly "learning" what the current market wants. BIG charactes equals BIG statues or busts. PERIOD. PERIOD.

Nevertheless, Sideshow's Venom is an excellent one. IF you asked me to exclude the height and the scale and answer what Venom is the best one ever produced, the more artsy ? It is the Comiquette, hands down. End of discussion. It is a sculpting masterpiece and the definition of "artsy". But it is rather small by today's standards.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #1655
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The ONLY problem with this Venom (Sideshow's one) is his dam.... height. I HATE, i TOTALLY hate, a character being smaller than he is supposed to be. Darkseid PFF is a fail due to his puny size, Killer Croc PFF is wayyyy too short (i know its due to his pose, but a PUNY Killer Croc is a no-no for me). If Sideshow's Venom was 3-4 inch taller as a statue, then END OF DISCUSSION. It has this Sideshow vibe, the "statue-vibe". XM's is too toy-ish, period. Prime1's Venom wins the 1st place ultimately cause he is a F...G BEAST. I want a Venom to ooze fear and intimidation, not a puny one. But Sideshow is slowly "learning" what the current market wants. BIG charactes equals BIG statues or busts. PERIOD. PERIOD.

Nevertheless, Sideshow's Venom is an excellent one. IF you asked me to exclude the height and the scale and answer what Venom is the best one ever produced, the more artsy ? It is the Comiquette, hands down. End of discussion. It is a sculpting masterpiece and the definition of "artsy". But it is rather small by today's standards.

Nope, hate the comiquette and that crappy pose. PERIOD. See Forps I can type like you as well .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #1656
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Nope, hate the comiquette and that crappy pose. PERIOD. See Forps I can type like you as well .
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #1657
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Any updates?
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #1658
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
All 3 Venoms are so good it's nearly impossible not to like one if you're a Venom fan. I have SS and Prime 1 neck and neck with XM coming in second.
My fave venom is somewhere in all 3 . SS venom sculpt , XM pose and prime 1's base
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #1659
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post

I have to agree with Forps on the SS sizes of the big guys. The xm and p1 is both bigger than ss venom. Mostly all the ss male pf's is somewhat undersize. I can name a bunch but it will take too much time. You all know them all anyways.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #1660
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
My fave venom is somewhere in all 3 . SS venom sculpt , XM pose and prime 1's base
Great statement! This right here is my thoughts exactly! If I did have to choose to order them, I would say XM Venom, Prime 1 Venom and Sideshow Venom.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote