Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #661
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The XM Venom is definitive for me. I'm not a fan of the ultra organic ripply skin texture on this piece or the CQ.
You and I are in complete agreement. Nor do I like either of the SS poses. At least the new pose makes more sense than the original. I can understand what Venom is doing...its just more suited for Beast or Wolfsbane or someone like that.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #662
adee
Green Arrow

I think I like XMs a little more but definitely not enough for the difference in price. The McFarlane head is also a big plus for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #663
Igo
Producer
Producer

We are adding a touch more gloss to the paint when he comes back. We've had issues glossing something before a show, and the packaging messing it up... so we held back and he'll get a touch of gloss when he's back in studio.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #664
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We are adding a touch more gloss to the paint when he comes back. We've had issues glossing something before a show, and the packaging messing it up... so we held back and he'll get a touch of gloss when he's back in studio.
killer work on this one bro, i know venom is close to your heart you guys rocked it out. he looks incredible paired next to carnage
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #665
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
The XM Venom is definitive for me. I'm not a fan of the ultra organic ripply skin texture on this piece or the CQ.
Same here. The ultra texture on the body is way overdone for me. The pose front the front I'm not feeling it. And the head is not outrageous enough. But I'm liking it more pics I see but still not enough to make me want it. If anything the McFarlane head will be the main part I want to see. Xm it is for me! But SS spidey most likely over xm! That SS spidey is over the top outrageous and will be almost impossible to beat. It's stunning best spidey I've ever seen by far. Kind of glad in any case to nit must have this at this point for space and money.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #666
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

For me, the definitive Venom is the comiquette. I really wish I hadn't sold it. This new Venom is pretty cool as well.

XM's Venom does nothing for me. Gentle Giant's does even less for me than XM's.

Prime 1's could be killer, but they haven't shown any pics other than the foot in 6 months.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #667
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood;5323239[IMG
[/IMG]
Man, I would love a Venom piece just like this. This is the best one ever.

I like Sideshow's Venom, but as with some have already said, they seemed to have taken the pose straight from Bowen's Beast, which was already too bunched up. You couldn't really see Beast, and you can't really see Venom when he's hurdling in that position. It reminds me of a man-cat or something. It works more for Beast, but not so much for this Venom.

A dude on Facebook mentioned that all the texture on his skin makes him look as if he was burned, and I have to agree with that. It's texture overload. I do like the head sculpts, but when it comes to Sideshow's, I like Venom's logo way more so than XM's. The logo on Sideshow's is full (lots of white contrast); whereas XM's it looks way too thinned out. I guess I'm just used to seeing a fuller white logo on Venom as opposed to something that looks like it was drawn on with a colored pencil. I'm sure it was intended for XM to make his logo that thin, but I think it's too thin.

In the end we all know which Venom will get that tender loving care and perfect quality treatment, and I'll give you a hint, it won't be Sideshow's.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #668
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
I second that too Gary!!!
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #669
qz33
Doctor Doom

I like my Venom smooth as a baby's butt.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #670
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post

Dave, Will Carnage come with another portrait like Venom?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote