Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #391
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I thought it was Black Cat's new suit - which was quickly abandoned - that had the eyes of a cat on her chest?

And Grphyx - I'm not saying that dresses don't have sleeve seams I'm saying that there are plenty that don't, so it was still "realistic" to not have seams. And comic accurate since her dress as drawn didn't have them.

As I have said, it's not that the statue is unattractive. Far from it. It's stunning! I can't wait to get mine! I just find it a bit unprofessional that nobody knew about these additions until somebody opened their box.
Ahhhh yes it was the black cat costume. my bad

Got it. Maybe putting a notification on the pre-order that it is a "prototype shown and final product may vary". although to be fair when the production piece was shown back in June, the sleeve seam was there. Regardless we'll see this beauty in our collection soon enough.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #392
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post

Got it. Maybe putting a notification on the pre-order that it is a "prototype shown and final product may vary". although to be fair when the production piece was shown back in June, the sleeve seam was there. Regardless we'll see this beauty in our collection soon enough.
Wording it so it says the production piece may be different then the prototype is complete BS. It's basically saying hey pre-order this based on this awesome looking picture yet I'm going to make changes after you do and if you don't like it then F.U. because I already have your money.

Maybe Chad should just pay to make all the statues himself and once the factory is done THEN put them up for sale so we know what we're getting. Because he's not getting any more pre-order money from me.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #393
French Cancan
Deadman

- Huh?
- Hmmh... hmhhhh...

- Huh?
- Nice try, but I can feel your neck's seam.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #394
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #395
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

I went back and looked at that photo when it was posted and there were the seams there. I am surprised no one noticed then

However, I am still looking forward to this statue very much. I am hoping that the ones ordered from Tweeterhead will ship out before the end of November
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #396
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Wording it so it says the production piece may be different then the prototype is complete BS. It's basically saying hey pre-order this based on this awesome looking picture yet I'm going to make changes after you do and if you don't like it then F.U. because I already have your money.

Maybe Chad should just pay to make all the statues himself and once the factory is done THEN put them up for sale so we know what we're getting. Because he's not getting any more pre-order money from me.
You should really read SS Terms and Conditions. They will blow your mind.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:37 PM   #397
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
You should really read SS Terms and Conditions. They will blow your mind.
Oh, I have, that's why I won't pre-order from them either, although I did make an exception for their 1:5 fairytale line otherwise I hold off until I see in-hand pictures or unboxing videos.

The only plus with SS is that they usually, but not always, let you return the statue for a full refund including shipping and their customer service is easy to get a hold of whereas Tweeterhead is near impossible to get in touch with, you have to literally hound him for weeks or even months to get a response
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #398
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I went back and looked at that photo when it was posted and there were the seams there. I am surprised no one noticed then

However, I am still looking forward to this statue very much. I am hoping that the ones ordered from Tweeterhead will ship out before the end of November
I'm surprised you noticed seams at all because the TH website photos do NOT have seams. None. And those are the same pics we all saw when POing this statue.

https://tweeterhead.com/product/supe...te-ltd-ed-250/

I have no idea what pics you saw before ordering, but it certainly isn't their website photos.

Sideshow's ordering page doesn't have seams either.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...terhead-903361
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #399
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm surprised you noticed seams at all because the TH website photos do NOT have seams. None. And those are the same pics we all saw when POing this statue.

https://tweeterhead.com/product/supe...te-ltd-ed-250/

I have no idea what pics you saw before ordering, but it certainly isn't their website photos.

Sideshow's ordering page doesn't have seams either.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...terhead-903361
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=291

I think he was referring to these photos of production pieces that were posted on here from FB in June. They do have the seams. None of the PO pictures on TH, Sideshow, BBTS, etc...have them.

I just checked all the pics in this thread and the only other picture that has seams before the in hand pics is the digital model on the first post.

It seems seams have been there all along from the beginning. I just never noticed before the in hand pics.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #400
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well, he better start adding seams to ALL of the female costumes then. Batgirl is missing hers. And why don't Super and Batman get them too? It so damn illogical and annoying AF!

And well, I must have missed these old TH FB posts...the seams have been there since she was manufactured. And no, her arms don't connect at those seams. She connects at the cape lines, so the seam addition is even more head scratching.

Either way, I just want this statue. I want to admire that face design and paint-up in person!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TH Catwoman.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	126774   Click image for larger version

Name:	TH Catwoman Assembled.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	126775  
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote