Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #101
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

OK, I guess it DOES need to be said...

That is nothing but a 'doodle' for a 3D sculptor. This statue will not have Venom heads all over his back. C'mon...

Anyway, the takeaway are the actual head/mouth designs. Consistent with what we've seen - a more vicious, modern approach. But he says 'Classic Venom' fans would be covered too: so a more restrained, classic COH - not shown. Plus there was an 'unmasked' head shown earlier, which I thought looked great.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #102
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

That is nothing but a 'doodle' for a 3D sculptor. This statue will not have Venom heads all over his back. C'mon...
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #103
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Haven’t seen a Kucharek brother sculpt I don’t like, so I’m super excited for this. Hopefully the people at XM let them do what they want, because last few XM releases have been disappointing.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #104
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

That is nothing but a 'doodle' for a 3D sculptor.
He just posted this himself, so it is not some 'old' concept doodle.
But i am all for craziness and looking forward for reveal.

Hopefully soon and the XM Carnage too (so we can compare these to other releases).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #105
Frankierock
Omega Red

Ok so yeah this and Carnage need to be shown ASAP..because not for nothing Sideshow just started the Pre order for the Carnage. Venom is not too far behind. And they both look great IMO. I don’t have room for both the XM and Sideshow versions of these 2 characters. But the longer it takes the more I’m leaning toward buying the SS pieces. We all know as collecting goes..if I see it and can get it now that’s the one I want. So the longer they wait the more people might jump over. At least it’s how I feel at this point. But if I knew there was a superior sculpt..then I’d wait.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #106
Walton.Chunky

No point in pulling the trigger on the Sideshow piece until they announce an edition size. I too want to see the reveal of XM’s Carnage, because the comic teaser made me think hard pass. I love what the Kucharek brothers sculpt, but if XM or Marvel handicap them on the art design then I’ll be forced to pick up the Sideshow piece of Carnage. The sideshow Venom base and portrait are terrible so I am willing to wait and see what XM has to offer.
Old 08-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #107
Walton.Chunky

If anything the reveal could make either the prime 1 Venom or old XM Venom/Carnage shoot up in price.
Old 08-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #108
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
He just posted this himself, so it is not some 'old' concept doodle.
But i am all for craziness and looking forward for reveal.

Hopefully soon and the XM Carnage too (so we can compare these to other releases).
Grumpy, who usually has inside information, essentially 'confirmed' what I posted, but at any rate, no one said it was an 'old' doodle. Brian Kucharek was obviously just messing around. It's easy to place heads all over the place in sculpting software.

I like some crazy, but Venom "Beast with a Billion Backs" is a little too crazy to take seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Ok so yeah this and Carnage need to be shown ASAP..because not for nothing Sideshow just started the Pre order for the Carnage. Venom is not too far behind. And they both look great IMO. I don’t have room for both the XM and Sideshow versions of these 2 characters. But the longer it takes the more I’m leaning toward buying the SS pieces. We all know as collecting goes..if I see it and can get it now that’s the one I want. So the longer they wait the more people might jump over. At least it’s how I feel at this point. But if I knew there was a superior sculpt..then I’d wait.
Exactly. Enough teases please! Sideshow have forced their hand. Ante up!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #109
Conehead
Luke Cage

The post also states “Don’t worry Classic Venom fans we have you covered also” FYI
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #110
Frankierock
Omega Red

Ok so..Venom Movie came out and that would have been the perfect opportunity to showcase this and Carnage and still not a word on either..I’m Inclined to just pull the trigger on the SS pieces(at least the Carnage one) at this point.
XM get it together already…we are basically willing to throw money at you..
Wait, do you need a Benadryl?. Cause it seems your allergic to $$ at this point..
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote