Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2019, 03:33 AM   #201
kimsoyens
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

why is vader looking way up???? it's like their old premium format. WTH sideshow. glad didnt order this.
kimsoyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:12 AM   #202
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I cannot unsee this:

Lol....Tom Brady look out
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #203
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldis View Post
I agree with the enthusiasm for star wars being down since the last jedi. However, Sideshow's star wars line has just gotten really stale. I really liked what they did with their old star wars mythos line. Their mythos vader and obi wan are fantastic. I never get bored looking at them.

Their newer pieces are kind of boring and are very traditional. It would be nice to see Sideshow bring some of their more recent innovations used in Rogue, Thor, Magneto, etc, into their star wars line. Also it would be very cool to see more characters like Darth Revan and Thrawn made into premium formats.
Star Wars, to me, has 4 elements...Aliens, armor & troopers, humanoids, droids. Where we tend to see all the love go is the humanoids and armor categories with some occasional droids.

The SW universe is so appealing because of its vast range of characters. They barely touch the second tier characters which, to me, are the most exciting.

Give me a dancing Oola. Give me a Bossk cutting off a wookie pelt. Give me a gamorrean. Give me a Greedo leaning against the cantina wall looking at the holo bounty on solo. Give me a Wampa.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #204
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Star Wars, to me, has 4 elements...Aliens, armor & troopers, humanoids, droids. Where we tend to see all the love go is the humanoids and armor categories with some occasional droids.

The SW universe is so appealing because of its vast range of characters. They barely touch the second tier characters which, to me, are the most exciting.

Give me a dancing Oola. Give me a Bossk cutting off a wookie pelt. Give me a gamorrean. Give me a Greedo leaning against the cantina wall looking at the holo bounty on solo. Give me a Wampa.
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 AM   #205
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Tell me about it. You would think they would have capitalised on the most badass moment in that scene; where vader is walking forward, slashing crap up then just force chokes an attacking guard.

They should have replicated Iron Studios vader, but instead have the saber in one hand, and have the force choke action in the other. A dynamic action pose.

But no. We get this travesty.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #206
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really wasn't interested in this piece but I saw it in person recently and I fell in love with it. I like it way better than the one where he's walking down stairs. I figured SS would still have this in stock but not only is it not in stock it doesn't even show up in the archives. I think I might get this through my LCS. They have lay a way. This thing is huge and looks awesome. I'll sell my other Vader down the line. I need this statue though.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #207
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I really wasn't interested in this piece but I saw it in person recently and I fell in love with it. I like it way better than the one where he's walking down stairs. I figured SS would still have this in stock but not only is it not in stock it doesn't even show up in the archives. I think I might get this through my LCS. They have lay a way. This thing is huge and looks awesome. I'll sell my other Vader down the line. I need this statue though.
Yeah, it looks great in person and it sold out pretty fast considering there was really no hype for it anywhere.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #208
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Yeah, it looks great in person and it sold out pretty fast considering there was really no hype for it anywhere.
The ES must have been pretty low. I would have thought they would still have this in stock. I need this statue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #209
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The ES must have been pretty low. I would have thought they would still have this in stock. I need this statue.
Yeah, but since it was selling so well, there would no reason not to finish the production run unless they needed factory capacity for another piece.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #210
Vader
Ghost

how many vaders can they produce though?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote