Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #241
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Sorry to hear that Diamond and Sideshow couldn't partner with Dean. Bummer!
First of all, this an Electric Tiki project, not a Dean Yeagle project. We approached Dean, not the other way around and we pay for everything. Diamond and Sideshow have zero to do with it and neither have ever produced a Mandy statue (nor have they indicated that they would be inclined to do so). We offered it to Sideshow to distribute, they declined. We decided at that time to self distribute, so we didn’t bother to solicit through Diamond or Entertainment Earth. It’s also why we decided the edition sizes before solicitation. 500 statues seems "kind of” manageable.

Again, RE: international shipping—When these are sold , there will be no room for exchanges. We are producing a few hundred, not a few thousand. So shipping an item to say, Europe or Asia and the customer takes a macro lens to within an inch of the ribbon in her hair and complains about the paint job and then expects us to eat the shipping cost back it could get quite costly. I guess it would depend on how picky a collector you are. In our history, we’ve had very few returns. And usually the returns were specific to a particular statue which were problematic from the start. Our distributors had departments that dealt exclusively with shipping and returns, we unfortunately, do not. This is gonna be new (again) for us. We are leaning towards shipping internationally, but this is a nagging fear we have. I think in past comments international forum members have said they’ve had very few problems receiving Sideshow’s products, so that is comforting. We are having our statues manufactured using the shipping cases that Sideshow uses, so hopefully breakage will not be an issue. But also, shipping something across the US is much different than shipping to the other side of the world. I also know as a collector you want what you want the way you want it when you want it (run-on sentence apologies). I know as I am a collector myself, well a “recovering” collector. Going from collector to manufacturer you have to think differently and ultimately make the smartest decision for the business. We wouldn’t have lasted a year if I had followed a “collector” mentality rather than a “business” mentality. International collectors seem to take this as an offense towards them rather than practicality. There is nothing further from the truth.

Best,

Tracy
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #242
Seanrm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If reliable re-sellers & international shippers (such as Big Bad Toy Store) are able to secure some, then that would at least give us international buyers an option.
Seanrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #243
omigeo
Alpha Flight

She is adorable!
Hope I can get to purchase this one
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #244
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Out of curiosity....if you are interested in this statue and you are outside of the US, where are you located?
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #245
Seanrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
Out of curiosity....if you are interested in this statue and you are outside of the US, where are you located?
Yes, I am very interested!
I am in Japan - and even willing to agree to a non-return waiver (if that's the only way I have of securing one).
Old 09-05-2015, 05:05 AM   #246
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Facebook update, picture from the factory
Oh damn! That's gorgeous. I love the tanlines.

I wonder if they will have a felt covered base bottom or just felt dots.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:16 AM   #247
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanrm View Post
Yes, I am very interested!
I am in Japan - and even willing to agree to a non-return waiver (if that's the only way I have of securing one).
Maybe instead of distributors you can deal with an online shop ?

this answer made me think of amiami.com
US and European collectors buy throu them with possitive feedback.

Whatever the way i think i will book one.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:35 AM   #248
Seanrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
France
Maybe instead of distributors you can deal with an online shop ?

this answer made me think of amiami.com
US and European collectors buy throu them with possitive feedback.

Whatever the way i think i will book one.
I use amiami from time to time (always no problems) as well as a few other Japanese online sellers.
But if Tiki are not making many of these, and are distributing themselves, then there is no real guarantee who outside of the US will be able to secure them.

I'd prefer to buy directly from Tiki, and agree to a non-return waiver so long as they check she's in good condition before she ships.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #249
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Yes, I am located in the UK.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #250
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm located in Australia and would like to get it.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote