Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #61
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Are you guys talking about that Predator diorama being 1:5 scale? That whole line of wall mountable ALIEN/Predator statues are closer to 1:7 scale. I owned all of them at one point but sold them. They're great pieces, highly detailed, but in the end weren't worth as much as they fetched on the aftermarket to me personally.

Here's an old pic of my setup...

For some reason I thought the Dio was 1/5th, but thanks to you and Python evidently only the one Polystone Predator from the first film is 1/5th. Either way what they get on Ebay is a little more than I'd like to pay for them but, we'll see if Sideshow does another round of them....and what they price them at if they do.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #62
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Oh yes, I saw the one you linked on ebay too...I think they wanted $600..I'll have to go back and check.

I certainly wouldn't pay that. I would be very surprised if we didn't see more 1/5 Predators from Sideshow in future. A well made P1 & P2 would no doubt be well received by the community. And we know they are capable of doing much better than the one linked above.

I'm a big fan of 1/4, but 1/5 offers good potential, and will be easier for us to actually afford given the sky rocketing prices (and the expensive competition which is on the way) so it must be an attractive option in Sideshows eyes. I only have one 1/5 Predator currently, it was widely slated but I actually like it quite a lot. I mean it isn't perfect, the teeth on the mask are blunt, the detail behind his mask is none existent, and the paint left a lot to be desired! But there's a really nice little statue in here. The base on this one was especially cool imo, big too which makes an impression in person. It goes to show what can be done, they tried something different, it wasn't for everybody, but this Predator snob appreciated it. I really must find a tracker to go next to him actually.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #63
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
For some reason I thought the Dio was 1/5th, but thanks to you and Python evidently only the one Polystone Predator from the first film is 1/5th. Either way what they get on Ebay is a little more than I'd like to pay for them but, we'll see if Sideshow does another round of them....and what they price them at if they do.
Yeah, like I said they're great pieces but not worth what rabid fans are willing to pay for them IMO either. I bought all of them through Sideshow at retail price and felt like they were a great bargain. IIRC retail was $149.99 ea. if you can believe that. If they were to release something similar today I'd expect them to cost at least 2x that.

Here is a pic of just the Aliens...

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #64
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, like I said they're great pieces but not worth what rabid fans are willing to pay for them IMO either. I bought all of them through Sideshow at retail price and felt like they were a great bargain. IIRC retail was $149.99 ea. if you can believe that. If they were to release something similar today I'd expect them to cost at least 2x that.

Here is a pic of just the Aliens...

I love the Alien dio with the chains, even if I get the new Warrior 1/5th I might try to snipe a deal on that one on ebay. It's one of the pieces I've wanted for a long time.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #65
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
There already was a 1/5 predator from the first movie though. Sure it's not too hard to track down.
1:5 Predator...

I sold mine. Would never sell the little Dio.

(Wasn't sure if there was confusion between the Dio and the 1:5 Statue).
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #66
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I love the Alien dio with the chains, even if I get the new Warrior 1/5th I might try to snipe a deal on that one on ebay. It's one of the pieces I've wanted for a long time.
That was actually my favorite of all of them. In fact when I decided to part with the entire line I almost kept it alone to hang on my wall without the nameplate attached I loved it so much. In the end I sold it too though as my whole reasoning behind parting with these was I already had the characters in my collection in another scale.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:57 AM   #67
Python
Omega Red

First egg in hand, I'd stick with free range

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=163298
Python is offline   Reply With Quote