Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Is the negativity in this section warranted?
Yes, it is and I agree with it completely 17 12.23%
Yes, but only some of it 57 41.01%
Not really sure 10 7.19%
No, it isn’t but I don’t let it affect me 27 19.42%
No, it isn’t and I post less because of it 26 18.71%
No, it isn’t and it makes me want to collect less/stop collecting 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Do you feel the negativity in this section is warranted?

Okay so I'm not alone in this, I've received more than one PM about it, and no, I won't say from who. But it seems to me this section...well a lot of sections are filled with negativity. Sometimes I get it, but sometimes there's individuals I won't name that seem to thrive on doing nothing but bashing everything that comes out. Now this doesn't effect my collecting, nor should it, I still buy whatever I like. It does however effect my posting here, I have started to stay away from these threads more and more and focus on threads that don't get as much negativity, mainly because most here don't visit them.

So the question is, do you feel all this negativity is warranted? And if not, how is it affecting you?

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 05-07-2017 at 12:50 AM.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:35 AM   #2
Y3E
Gen 13

Yes, there are negativity in this section, more so than others but it is b/c SS is at the top and some like to see them fall. You see the same posters who ----- and whine about the same thing over and over in various threads and you know they don't even buy the statues. It's pathetic.

Anyways, happy collecting.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

It goes both ways, you have some people who go out of their way to make mountains out of mole hills but then you do get some legitimate complaints that fan boys will try and spin to make it seem like it's the collectors fault and not SS...

You also can't blame people to much about their complaining when prices change monthly... We went from a standard $350 for a PF to $550 for a PF in a blink of an eye. When companies increase their prices that fast of course your going to get complaints...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:28 AM   #4
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I find it funny that your the one who started this thread.. as you were one of the main reasons I stayed away from the Thanos thread for a few days lol.. JUST SAYING.. ..

Anyway, I understand why people get upset here. This is a place for discussion and certain "issues" or topics surely need to be acknowledged, but when that turns into useless moaning - THATS when I lose all interest and move on to the next thread.. Especially when I see that it's the same people day in and day out. There will always be negative comments (many that are warranted) but when you change the entire atmosphere of a thread into that of anger/self entitlement, and use it as a platform to cry because your unhappy, then you eliminate any kind of enjoyment we were supposed to get from this. You guys need to remember this is just a hobby.. This is supposed to be fun. Your supposed to smile and feel good inside.. Enjoy what you have and be thankful that you have it.. We're all blessed to have the extra funds to afford these things.. Try to look at the bright side sometimes and save the complaints and crying for the important things in life..
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #5
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I feel it's unwarranted, almost has completely chased me away. I think SSC pieces are amazing and minor critique is great and good banter but the often straight negativity is a "Buzzkill," for lack of a better word.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:37 AM   #6
captoz
Nightwing

The nitpicking over little faults in statues used to irritate me, but in a hobby like this, it will always be there so I try to turn a blind eye.

I think that price escalation is causing a lot of the negativity, and feel that there isn't much you can do about that. I know that people have a choice whether to buy or not at any price range, but if people are genuinely being priced out of certain pieces, I understand why they might feel negatively.

The XM v SS feuding can be a little frustrating. I buy from both companies and think there are merits in products from both.

Just my perspective though...
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I find it funny that your the one who started this thread.. as you were one of the main reasons I stayed away from the Thanos thread for a few days lol.. JUST SAYING.. ..

Anyway, I understand why people get upset here. This is a place for discussion and certain "issues" or topics surely need to be acknowledged, but when that turns into useless moaning - THATS when I lose all interest and move on to the next thread.. Especially when I see that it's the same people day in and day out. There will always be negative comments (many that are warranted) but when you change the entire atmosphere of a thread into that of anger/self entitlement, and use it as a platform to cry because your unhappy, then you eliminate any kind of enjoyment we were supposed to get from this. You guys need to remember this is just a hobby.. This is supposed to be fun. Your supposed to smile and feel good inside.. Enjoy what you have and be thankful that you have it.. We're all blessed to have the extra funds to afford these things.. Try to look at the bright side sometimes and save the complaints and crying for the important things in life..
This I gotta hear, what did I do to make you stay awatly from the Thanos thread for a few days? I got negative once, about the waitlist, and literally had that resolved in a day I think. Now you have mectrying to remember that entire thread...
Old 05-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #8
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

By the way, this is all good, so comment away, I want discussion. Though if anyone tries to berate or antagonize anyone for how they feel I think thats exactly what we don't need.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:23 AM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

I think the negativity comes in waves. Also, there's something to be said about different and/or incompatible personalities and personal value systems. People are going to clash. At any given moment in a room, you can have older fans, newer fans, younger fans, flipper fans, big collectors, small collectors, artists, producers, retailers, deeper pocket collectors, those less well-off, elitist collectors, patient reps, condescending reps, those living in high shipping and custom tax bracket areas, collector addicts, sycophants, and so on, each of whom collect differently and may have different posting agendas. It is virtually impossible to have civil discussions without rubbing someone in the wrong way, especially since the word "civil" is defined differently by most of the types of posters noted above.

The best way to help maintain any sense of order is to simply own what you say instead of seeming like you speak in accepted facts or for any majority, and to avoid repeating your point of view and turning a discussion into an opinion competition.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #10
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think it's fine to state a negative opinion once, as long as it's constructive or given some type of context. Sure, if someone invites you to elaborate on your opinion, then fine, I think things go wrong when people feel the need to rinse and repeat hourly, or they start preaching and trying to convert the masses (I've been guilty of all those things by the way).

The forum can be a great place to get news and get hyped up for a up and coming product, perhaps we should enjoy the hype and let the negativity ensue once there are insane photos and something to actually complain about!!

My BIGGEST pet hate, like THE BIGGEST, is when collectors go onto a really hyped thread just to tell the forum the statue is a pass for them?!? Like, ok? Why do you think anyone cares? If you're already decided to not buy, then walk on by, why assume any gives a rats ass about the things you AREN'T buying?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote