Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 04-07-2020, 03:37 PM   #261
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Hi Zach. My question is why start so many avenues, Superman TAS and so on, without making a dent? In Batman Beyond, how many? Two, not counting variants?? In Justice League, the original line-up wasn't even completed. You would have to take Bats and Supes to complete the line-up. IMO you should have just concentrated on just two and leave it as that. You just teased us and then pull the rug from under our feet. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Sorry you feel that way. Teasing was not intended.

I imagine sales played a part. If the Superman line had performed as strongly as the Batman line, we might have gotten to Parasite, Metallo, etc., but I don't know that Supergirl, Lex Luthor, etc. sold as well as the Bat-foes. Justice League same thing -- not sure how well GL, GA, Flash did. Martian Manhunter is a character who never sells very well in general, so I can see why he was put off.

I think Beyond was just done to get the Batman design, and we made three versions. Old Bruce was a nice side bonus, but I probably would have gone with a villain, not that any of them are terribly well-known outside of the show's core fan base (Shriek, Inque). Maybe a future JL member? Warhawk, Barda? I love Barda, but again, not mega-popular characters.
Yeah, non-Batman characters can still be found for MSRP.

Maybe some busts based on BTAS Season 4?

Also, there's a Timmverse Kate Kane Batwoman design now.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #262
Star-struck
The Spirit

I have the majority of the Animated busts but I don't so much feel teased as I do wish there were more just cause I like the line so much. Lobo, Bizarro, Question, Huntress and so many more would have been great. Sucks that low sales prevented more being released but I get it.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:32 PM   #263
DSTZach
Distributor

Season 4 looks are great, but that's a whole other line that we'd be starting with the possibility of not finishing A Nightwing bust would be great, and a Tim Drake Robin, and I can see us wanting to do a new Batman Bust in that style, but a second Batgirl, new Poison Ivy, new Joker...? We'd be starting a new line that is very repetitive of the old line. I'd rather get Clock King or Grey Ghost.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #264
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Season 4 looks are great, but that's a whole other line that we'd be starting with the possibility of not finishing A Nightwing bust would be great, and a Tim Drake Robin, and I can see us wanting to do a new Batman Bust in that style, but a second Batgirl, new Poison Ivy, new Joker...? We'd be starting a new line that is very repetitive of the old line. I'd rather get Clock King or Grey Ghost.
Hey, you did it with the PVC statues.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #265
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
I have the majority of the Animated busts but I don't so much feel teased as I do wish there were more just cause I like the line so much. Lobo, Bizarro, Question, Huntress and so many more would have been great. Sucks that low sales prevented more being released but I get it.
What i meant was that I had hopes of getting more busts. Like the choices you gave would have good.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #266
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. Teasing was not intended.

I imagine sales played a part. If the Superman line had performed as strongly as the Batman line, we might have gotten to Parasite, Metallo, etc., but I don't know that Supergirl, Lex Luthor, etc. sold as well as the Bat-foes. Justice League same thing -- not sure how well GL, GA, Flash did. Martian Manhunter is a character who never sells very well in general, so I can see why he was put off.

I think Beyond was just done to get the Batman design, and we made three versions. Old Bruce was a nice side bonus, but I probably would have gone with a villain, not that any of them are terribly well-known outside of the show's core fan base (Shriek, Inque). Maybe a future JL member? Warhawk, Barda? I love Barda, but again, not mega-popular characters.
Thank you for answering. I hear ya. Just wished you would stuck have with two and not ventured into more. So, I take it that only Batman TAS busts are going to be continued? Supes, Beyond and JL are no goes anymore??

Last edited by heirtoasguard; 04-07-2020 at 06:24 PM. Reason: want to continue
Old 04-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #267
Gothamite
Phoenix

Diamond Select BTAS Phantasm Unmasked (Andrea Beaumont) Bust, $23.xx

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELEC.../dp/B07BFPGHG8
Old 04-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #268
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Thank you for answering. I hear ya. Just wished you would stuck have with two and not ventured into more. So, I take it that only Batman TAS busts are going to be continued? Supes, Beyond and JL are no goes anymore??
Nothing is off the table, but we'll see.

FWIW, doing Superman and Batman Beyond and JL did not prevent more Batman TAS busts from being made.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #269
heirtoasguard

Thanks Zach.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #270
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
Question & Huntress would have been awesome
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote