Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #361
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

I agree. Very disappointed that there won't be any X-Men 92 news at SDCC. I've been slowly venturing over to DST. Their resin 12" statues are cheaper than the 8" plastic ARTFX+ premier line. Yeah, they are super detailed, but the price is crazy.

If DST has a great Marvel presence and Koto doesn't (other than premier) I'm done.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #362
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

The good news is it's a great opportunity for Kotobukiyas competition like DST to take this momentum away from them and make quality products out of it. Hopefully they have a big showing at SDCC and we can move our business to DST.
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #363
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

It makes me sad. I really love Koto's past work. It seems lots has changed since Dan left.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #364
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Yeah Koto had a great run announcing new lines at every SDCC. Now there's no commitment to any line despite our outpouring of support. The last couple SDCCs have been disappointing especially when I keep seeing the same posts,"nothing to announce at this time" or "the interest will be passed along".
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #365
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

They might just be fading as a business.

Sometimes our support isn't enough.

Oh well, it's the X-MEN, someone else will do it!
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #366
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
It makes me sad. I really love Koto's past work. It seems lots has changed since Dan left.

Definitely agree. Ever since he left their SDCC showings have been very underwhelming. It just seemed like he gave them a better idea of what people are looking for.

I don't understand their thinking with the Premier Line. X-Men is clearly the best selling Marvel line for any company that holds the license. Hopefully Diamond Select continues their momentum with X-Men related releases.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #367
mortadela
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Yeah Koto had a great run announcing new lines at every SDCC. Now there's no commitment to any line despite our outpouring of support. The last couple SDCCs have been disappointing especially when I keep seeing the same posts,"nothing to announce at this time" or "the interest will be passed along".
This.
mortadela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #368
joelyface
Fantastic Four

I know this thread is kinda dead for the time being, but finally picked up professor X (for $30) setup is complete! I do wish the width of his hoverchair was slightly reduced though, that thing is way too big compared to the other characters.

Posted a video below...

https://imgur.com/a/jdNQQvD
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #369
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
I know this thread is kinda dead for the time being, but finally picked up professor X (for $30) setup is complete! I do wish the width of his hoverchair was slightly reduced though, that thing is way too big compared to the other characters.

Posted a video below...

Those effects are awesome. Great setup!
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #370
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post

Posted a video below...

Hi,

Where can I get those same effects? They look great and that background is amazing!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote