Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-28-2021, 04:51 PM   #251
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Considering the 709 yeah I would say it's first movie.
That’s for sure the first movie
Dr Herbert West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #252
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Considering the 709 yeah I would say it's first movie.
Shucks... I think that is a miss by PCS to base Myers off a 5’9” man. He’s going to look off next to my SSC Freddy and Jason part 3 statue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #253
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Shucks... I think that is a miss by PCS to base Myers off a 5’9” man. He’s going to look off next to my SSC Freddy and Jason part 3 statue.
That's not the only miss. Honestly VS, all due respect and no beef with you I don't know how you're accepting paying $600 for a piece that uses dollar store synthetic hair and garbage overspray on the base. The proto used mohair and the paint work was quality on proto.

There's no excuse for this when Blitzway and Sideshow get things right. This isn't $250, it's a $600 statue that should have been done right. PCS should be ashamed of themselves and notice how they're hiding all the defects and not showing the base piant and the statue is shot from far away in all these production pics.

PCS will never get a dime from me until they fix this. Have us send back the base, repaint it. Sent out a replacement head with styled mohair like on the proto and have us send back or smash the old head. Just shameful of them charging $600 for this inferior quality POS
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #254
ukshaun
Hercules

I don't understand the height issue, as 1/4 pieces vary quite a bit. There is no exact science, although agreed there should be. If i look at the portraits of my 1/4 collection, the size's vary quite a lot. Comparing the Sideshow Jason with the PCS Myers, the Sideshow piece looks better, as Jason looks more menacing, with the pose of a monster.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:45 PM   #255
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I could’ve sworn this thing had sculpted hair. It’s all good though. That hairline is a little crazy though.
Agreed on the hairline. I've been awaiting a good MM for longer than I can remember, so hopefully I can overlook that once I have him on a shelf.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:03 PM   #256
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
The first one is pretty universally regarded as the best so it makes sense to base it off of that.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #257
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
He looks tiny next to Jason. I thought Michael should be as big as Jason.
Yes he does look too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
He's only like 5'9 in the first movie. Part 3 Jason is 6'3 in Part 3.

Makes about an inch or more of height difference in 1/4 scale.

Also the MM base is placed further back than Jason in that pic.
I never thought of Michael Myers as 5'9". That small for someone who has such a menacing presence. Freddy, absolutely. I always thought Mikey was a tall or taller than Jason before FvJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I just read that on Facebook. He always seemed tall to me.
absolutely. He never appeared to be sub 6 feet. always appeared to be a BIG towering figure.it could be the angles, but Stallone never appeared to be a BIG towering figure and they used crazy angles with Stallone.

Quote:
me too...why he hell make him so small??? They answer because it's secret accurate?!?!?! makes no sense. That's like making an extra short Frankenstein statue and saying .... you know in reality Boris Karloff was on;y 5'11". Take a walk.....

Why not just error on the BIGGER side. No one would ever say you know Nick Castle was only 5'9-5'10...why so big.

So stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I don't understand the height issue, as 1/4 pieces vary quite a bit. There is no exact science, although agreed there should be. If i look at the portraits of my 1/4 collection, the size's vary quite a lot. Comparing the Sideshow Jason with the PCS Myers, the Sideshow piece looks better, as Jason looks more menacing, with the pose of a monster.
Jason and Mikey should be around the same height
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #258
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
The first one is pretty universally regarded as the best so it makes sense to base it off of that.
nonsense.

this is called "framing". You are trying to put a nice frame on a lousy picture to make it presentable.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #259
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Just saw more in hand pictures on Facebook. Looks good. Once you adjust his wig he looks awesome.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #260
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
nonsense.

this is called "framing". You are trying to put a nice frame on a lousy picture to make it presentable.
I mean it's an accurate height... What you are doing sounds like framing really ^^

Also it's pretty clearly from the first movie, and please show me where the original isn't really considered the best of the series :| Even in H2 and H20 the guy was a bit taller but not monstrous at 6'2". And Halloween isn't a monster movie, he's not Jason or some unstoppable monster. Ignoring some of the questionable cult stuff they added later as to why he can't die he's just a serial killer. That's why the original is scarier then the rest, it's not some crazy monster it's something that actually could happen.

And what do you mean that picture. That picture has other issues, like myers is slight behind and also the base isn't as tall. And also "1/4th scale" has never been an exact :| I have no idea if that Jason statue is over or underscaled, it could be either.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote