Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-31-2019, 02:16 AM   #31
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
I have four ARH pieces, all of which have been extremely well executed and are absolutely gorgeous, and aside from having to be very patient in some cases (Arhian Forever anyone?) I have never had a bad experience in dealing with them. I know some folks have had issues, but FWIW they have always treated me well.

As is usual it's not when things go well for which we are judged but when things do not. No ARH does not intend the distress it causes it's customers yet it still allows the potential...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:24 AM   #32
qz33
Rescue

Which brings us to this sorry ass post right here. In this thread of all places a company associate finds it appropriate to try to further promote...

No discussion of the outstanding issue at hand just focused on new sales potential.

Regardless of how well your individual experiences why would anyone, especially from this forum, continue to support the activities of this "company" in any way?

There needs to be a permanently stickied thread titled "DO NOT BUY ARH STATUES EVER" with a link to this and so many other threads.

This forum would not tolerate promotion of unlicensed statues due to infringing on the rights of license holders or licensed manufacturers due to the financial impact on such companies. However forum members that are paying customers being hung out to dry are of less consideration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
Yeah I have all these statues available as kits and I work directly with Arahom. I make all the molds and kits and do a lot of the building and painting for ARH Studios.

I have all the busts available as well as a brand new 1/2 scale Arkhalla bust that will be coming soon!

Send me an email at destinylab@gmail.com and I can give you a list of all the kits and prices. I also offer building and painting and customizing services. Here is a link to some of my work. https://www.deviantart.com/brittonsconcoctions/gallery/

Here is a link to my facebook as well if you want to talk there. https://www.facebook.com/dave.britton.169
Old 05-31-2019, 12:37 PM   #33
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

This forum would not tolerate promotion of unlicensed statues due to infringing on the rights of license holders or licensed manufacturers due to the financial impact on such companies. However forum members that are paying customers being hung out to dry are of less consideration...
One is a cut-and-dry legal situation, the other is more complicated and circumstantial.

I would encourage people to keep posting their experiences so that the rest can judge for themselves whether or not they want to do business with them. That's the best use of a forum like this.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #34
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
One is a cut-and-dry legal situation, the other is more complicated and circumstantial.

I would encourage people to keep posting their experiences so that the rest can judge for themselves whether or not they want to do business with them. That's the best use of a forum like this.
I think so too but too often these issues can get lost in the shuffle buried by time.

As consumers most of us are so accustomed to dealing with large corporations that we just don't evaluate the realities of the risks being taken until it's too late.

Specifically this releases issues are well documented by several buyers on this forum. A company employee offering additional services is just salt in the wound. But it does offer a valuable perspective on the type of company that is ARH.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #35
qz33
Rescue

And really what I'm calling out is the guy isn't even an Adamantium Subscriber but he can BST multiple times shilling wares for the company that is at the center of the problem whereas for us normal folk it's teeth gnashing to a ban.

Even just given the verifiable circumstances it's pretty insulting to members here and the original thread poster.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #36
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Cant go 5 posts in any ARH thread without someone bashing them for this, that or the other.

What was the problem with the cats? Googly eyes?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #37
dao2
Cyclops

I think the issue with the cats is that people didn't get them :|
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #38
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
And really what I'm calling out is the guy isn't even an Adamantium Subscriber but he can BST multiple times shilling wares for the company that is at the center of the problem whereas for us normal folk it's teeth gnashing to a ban.

Even just given the verifiable circumstances it's pretty insulting to members here and the original thread poster.
Let me clarify some things. I am not an employee of ARH Studios. I am a self employed sculptor, mold maker and I build statues for a living for all kinds of clients including Arahom.

I met Arahom a couple years ago and he paid me per piece to make molds and to build and paint statues for ARH Studios. At this point I had never heard of ARH Studios and I had mostly worked in the resin kit industry creating and selling my own statues and original designs.

Arahom was not familiar with the resin kit industry and because he geared toward the pre-paint market he was not offering kits to anyone. A year ago or so I proposed the idea that in exchange for making several molds for him he would give me a handful of the original molds from ARH Studios older statues. He told me that I could sell kits with these old molds on my own time and expense. Arahom does not get any money from these sales and I alone do all the work in casting and building these kits. I do not sell any unlicensed kits or recasts.

If someone buys a kit through me and hires me to build and paint a statue, Arahom has nothing to do with that sale. If he gets an order through ARH for a bust or new kit then I sell him a casting and he builds and paints it on his own for whatever cost he charges. We do our work separately in our own studios and I do not even live in the same state as Arahom. I buy all my own silicone and resin and paint and supplies out of my own pocket and get nothing from Arahom.

I am not associated to any old ARH orders and I have no connection to any lost or missing orders through ARH. I am simply a guy trying to make a living as an artist and using my skills to build and paint models and sell kits to those people who want them.

I realize it may be confusing but this is just to clear things up a bit so people understand the situation I am in. I apologize if you are missing orders with ARH but I am just trying to make a living on my own so I hope that makes sense. People have no right to be angry at me or hold me accountable for something I have nothing to do with. Everyone that has done business with me has been given their orders as told and are all very happy with the services I provide. You will only find happily satisfied customers that have worked with me so please stop spreading disinformation.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #39
Ravishing
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Plus Member

ARH

I'd like to mention that I've never had any bad experiences with Arahom and ARH. I've got over 20 statues from them over the years and if there was an issue it was resolved. I did wait some time for certain statues but as a collector if it comes this year or next what does it matter. As long as it does come one day. I'm sure if you paid for statue in full Arahom could just transfer your credit to another statue then you can buy the one you want online from someone else. That's what I would do. Anyways I understand your frustration but at some point you need to look at alternative ways to deal with this. Hopefully you can get a credit at least or continue to wait to the Statue. Your choice I guess.
Ravishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #40
clutch
Sailor Moon

I give them credit for at least trying to make things right instead of just dropping off the face of the planet.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote