Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

BDS 1/10 Art Scale

Hello,

I was wondering if there have been any releases from the BDS 1/10 Art Scale? I am wondering because they are quiet expensive, and while I am interested in pre-ordering some of them, wanted to make sure if they are generally worth the extra cash.

Any help from your experience of owning a release of any of the figures from the line is appreciated
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
nameivom
The Herculoids

I generally like the ones that I have and can say in my opinion Iron Studios have gotten better with later releases. The last one I received was Thanos from Avengers Infinity War, $199 I think. Is it worth it? That is subjective to each individual person. I do like them in my collection.

Highlights of my Iron Studios collection would be:
  • Wonder Woman on horse
  • Tony Stark with Mark I Suit
  • Hela from Thor Ragnarok
  • Thanos from Avengers Infinity War

They all look great for their size and I think it is a great entry point into the hobby if you are unsure about spending $600+ on 1/4 scale or higher.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if there have been any releases from the BDS 1/10 Art Scale? I am wondering because they are quiet expensive, and while I am interested in pre-ordering some of them, wanted to make sure if they are generally worth the extra cash.

Any help from your experience of owning a release of any of the figures from the line is appreciated
There have been numerous releases from Iron Studios’ BDS line. I myself have 30 BDS + 11 of their older pieces in the 1/10 scale. Plus a further 23 pieces on preorder from their BDS lines. So if I that many in my collection I wouldn’t be surprised if Iron Studios have released well over a 100 pieces from their various BDS lines.

Now as to your question on whether they’re worth it, only you can answer that for yourself. I myself collect many different scales, from these 1/10 scales, to 1/6 Hot Toys, 1/4 scale statues, 1/3 Prime 1 pieces, all the way to 1/2 scale statues and life size busts; all of which range from $100 USD to well over $2K USD.

So when I think about these 1/10 scales, I honestly think they’re pocket change in comparison..... that is until I add up how much I spend on a particular line and compare what I could’ve got instead. Like 1 Hot Toy instead of 2 1/10 pieces etc. Heck some of the more expensive BDS pieces now are not much cheaper than a basic Hot Toy figure.

However these BDS pieces come in dynamic poses with diorama like bases whereas a Hot Toy, while larger and yes more accurate, they can sometimes be bland in comparison because of their static like poses etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote