Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #1231
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Since I just ordered my tank, I figured I would let other ‘Roro fans know that Tee Villain has a shirt with a fun little Storm design on it. Her eyes aren’t the correct color, but I loved the fun look of the art - and there is such little love for my girl - that I couldn’t resist.

Here’s the link if you’d like to get one too. Beware, they run a size smaller than you wear.

https://www.teevillain.com/
That is a cool graphic they designed for that tee. I have seen a couple different storm tees/tanks on amazon for sale as well.

Quote:
And don't get me started on the current BP run. It's looking like they are trying to retcon Ororo even being a mutant. It's another slap in the face to longtime X-Men fans by rewriting history to suit the Disney merger and the fact they still don't have their hands on the X-Men movie franchise. They want Storm to be non mutant so she can be used in the film universe as a partner for Black Panther. Total corporate bullsh!t. It's the same crap they pulled with Scarlet Witch and I can't stomach the thought.
Wow I had no clue about this going on. If this does happen I wont go see anymore BP movies. that would just make me really sick to see them totally screw her origin over.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #1232
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not saying that is for sure what they are doing, but I have this nagging feeling it is. Just like her getting Stormcaster back....then not....I think they are trying to find ways to debunk her being a mutant and pull her away from X-Men and into the MCU. Which, I want my girl to get her time in the sun, but not at the expense of her core comic being.

People will make their arguments about her childhood. I can buy that when she was a child she was worshipped as a goddess, but that was proven to be her powers came from mutation. I know that her mother was of linage that was special and possessed magic, but again, she was proven to be a mutant but could have a touch of magic. I won't believe that they have mistakenly identified her for 30+ years. If she wasn't a mutant, Sentinels wouldn't be able to track her. Cerebro wouldn't be able to find her. She wouldn't have lost her powers when shot by Forge.

I will take them shoehorning her into BP, but only if she remains a mutant.

And is it tomorrow yet?! I want my statue. Crossing my fingers no broken hair.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:12 AM   #1233
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I'm not saying that is for sure what they are doing, but I have this nagging feeling it is. Just like her getting Stormcaster back....then not....I think they are trying to find ways to debunk her being a mutant and pull her away from X-Men and into the MCU. Which, I want my girl to get her time in the sun, but not at the expense of her core comic being.

People will make their arguments about her childhood. I can buy that when she was a child she was worshipped as a goddess, but that was proven to be her powers came from mutation. I know that her mother was of linage that was special and possessed magic, but again, she was proven to be a mutant but could have a touch of magic. I won't believe that they have mistakenly identified her for 30+ years. If she wasn't a mutant, Sentinels wouldn't be able to track her. Cerebro wouldn't be able to find her. She wouldn't have lost her powers when shot by Forge.

I will take them shoehorning her into BP, but only if she remains a mutant.

And is it tomorrow yet?! I want my statue. Crossing my fingers no broken hair.
There's no need for Marvel to deny Storm is a mutant. The Fox/Disney merger will be completed by spring of this year. Marvel is already starting to focus more on their X-books and even relaunched the FF. They'll own almost all of the movie rights to their characters soon.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:39 AM   #1234
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
The tornado piece is terrible. The textures between the piece and the base don't match at all, and mine even has a wiggle to it, so it sits slightly off angle . I'll definitely be looking for a fix.
That tornado piece looks like SS «-don’t care-» quality, it looks really bad...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #1235
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I've seen a few hair breaks but this is the first time I've seen a base crack.... I can't imagine your contact not being able to get a replacement base... XM is pretty good at taking care of their customers.. but since this statue is not licensed in North America you'll have to deal through your contact..

Only issue I had was one of her lighting earrings came off her portrait but a very small dab of glue fixed it and you can't even tell...
My contact has said that XM will replace my base. Sounds like they have to go back to the factory to make any replacement parts (i.e. they didn't make any extra, at least for the base). He said they expedited the request to get it done before Chinese New Year but, even then, I'm looking at 4 - 8 weeks before he receives it. Just sucks that I have this beautiful statue and all it can do is sit, hidden away inside its box...

I'm hoping I don't have to pay for shipping again since it was brutal the first time around.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #1236
Demona
Martian Manhunter

At least you're getting a replacement, Green Knight!

Maybe your contact can ask XM to fix your seam while you're at it. And fix all of ours...

EDIT: Mine just arrived! I will unbox her after work. Gotta move some stuff around
Old 01-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #1237
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

got message mine just arrived at home right now too!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #1238
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well hell....she doesn't fit where Jean /Phoenix did. So the base IS deeper than hers. Crap. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my display. Hmmmm....

Edit: Nvm. Found the info on XM's site
Old 01-25-2019, 06:29 PM   #1239
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Also, what was the final number of these made? I have 83/420 on the bottom of the base (and on the box). However, I thought that maybe only 240 of these were made.
XM's site says 420. Maybe you're thinking of Moon Knight which was 270?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #1240
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
XM's site says 420. Maybe you're thinking of Moon Knight which was 270?
I beleive Darth Maul is 270 also..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote