Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #2491
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I went back to see what I missed out on. Turns out there wasn't really any advantage (shipping wise) to having everything together so I purchased 4 more BDs. Dark Angel being one of them, which was $11.99 before the 15% discount.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #2492
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I've been reading rumors that Best Buys "Upgrade & Save" is done because BB will be phasing out their movies soon. Anyone here anything about it?
I don't go to Best Buy but if they don't sell movies and the like. Are they just going to be a low/mid range appliance/electronics store?
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #2493
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't go to Best Buy but if they don't sell movies and the like. Are they just going to be a low/mid range appliance/electronics store?
From what I read from people who supposedly work there, BB will only carry new release CDs and Movies. They no longer want to waste retail space on older titles that don't sell.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #2494
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
From what I read from people who supposedly work there, BB will only carry new release CDs and Movies. They no longer want to waste retail space on older titles that don't sell.
Doesn't really surprise me. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of BB so having less of a reason to go in there certainly doesn't bother me. Their return policy is a joke and their customer service complete crap at times. Honestly I'm surprised they haven't phased out software altogether in favor of their high profit marked up electronics and household appliances.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #2495
patrickwm68
The Flash

I was just reading today about how much trouble they're in and they probably won't be around in 5 years. They have a new CEO who's making a lot of changes to try and save them. They're supposed to be revamping the website.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #2496
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well I went back to see what I missed out on. Turns out there wasn't really any advantage (shipping wise) to having everything together so I purchased 4 more BDs. Dark Angel being one of them, which was $11.99 before the 15% discount.
I got my shipping notice today, I chose the cheapest option so we'll see how it goes.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #2497
Marvelito

Quote:
On a side note, spoke to Scream Today and they're going to send me replacement slipcovers for H2 and H3.
That's cool. Are you one of those slipcover guys? Or do you just flip them?

My H3 is delayed because they ran out of stock.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #2498
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
That's cool. Are you one of those slipcover guys? Or do you just flip them?

My H3 is delayed because they ran out of stock.
I've seen people selling just the slip covers on eBay and getting like $5 for them, crazy.

I usually don't care about them but on the Scream Factory and Disney films I like to have them.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #2499
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I've seen people selling just the slip covers on eBay and getting like $5 for them, crazy.

I usually don't care about them but on the Scream Factory and Disney films I like to have them.
I like the slipcovers too. Especially on the Scream Factory and Disney titles like you as well as my WB Animated films. If the slipcover has different artwork than the actual BD I really like those too. Same goes for the lenticular or foil/holographic slips. I know some are indifferent in regards to them and while not essential I do like to have them whenever possible. I'd never pay for them separately however. That's a bit more obsessive compulsive than I am with them.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #2500
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I like the slipcovers too. Especially on the Scream Factory and Disney titles like you as well as my WB Animated films. If the slipcover has different artwork than the actual BD I really like those too. Same goes for the lenticular or foil/holographic slips. I know some are indifferent in regards to them and while not essential I do like to have them whenever possible. I'd never pay for them separately however. That's a bit more obsessive compulsive than I am with them.
I'm guilty of buying 2 Disney slipcovers, I joined the Disney movie club and 2 of the movies were missing the slip covers.