Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #2331
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Storm original costume LSB would be a dream come true.
Her original costume PF doesn't get enough praise IMO. One of the best X-Men statues SS has made.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #2332
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I love that PF. It's never leaving my collection. I love Newman's work (he's my fave), the QC was excellent, and the swap-outs were amazing even for SS back in the day.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:46 AM   #2333
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I would have bought a Star Lord. Didn't they release Groot, Rocket, Gamora & Angela, but NO Star Lord or Drax? Seems strange.
Sideshow not completing a lineup isn't strange. It's actually par for the course with sideshow's DC and Marvel PFs. Name a lineup they finished. X-MEN, FF, Avengers, JL, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Titans? X-MEN lineup is missing multiple characters, FF only has Thing, Avengers are missing 2 founding members, JL is waiting on the Martian Manhunter to complete the Big 7, you already pointed out Star Lord and Drax missing from the G of the G, and the Titans only have a Starfire PF.

At this point, I'd be shocked if sideshow ever did a complete lineup of any team. The closest they've come so far is the JL Big 7 lineup. That's only missing a Martian Manhunter PF. However, given sideshow's track record...who knows if we'll ever see one?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #2334
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Sideshow not completing a lineup isn't strange. It's actually par for the course with sideshow's DC and Marvel PFs. Name a lineup they finished. X-MEN, FF, Avengers, JL, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Titans? X-MEN lineup is missing multiple characters, FF only has Thing, Avengers are missing 2 founding members, JL is waiting on the Martian Manhunter to complete the Big 7, you already pointed out Star Lord and Drax missing from the G of the G, and the Titans only have a Starfire PF.

At this point, I'd be shocked if sideshow ever did a complete lineup of any team. The closest they've come so far is the JL Big 7 lineup. That's only missing a Martian Manhunter PF. However, given sideshow's track record...who knows if we'll ever see one?
That's just mind boggling. I understand if certain statues don't sell as planned. Based on your statement, obviously with FF they released Thing, and it did bad, so they cancelled the line. But with G of the G, if you are going to release 3/4 characters of the group, atleast finish the last 2 lol. If nothing, completing a line would draw more interest from buyers in wanting to complete their lines as well.

Same with JL big 7. Perhaps they don't consider Martian Manhunter "important" to completing the team, but still. Give collectors a chance. That's just crazy.

Atleast with X-Men, you have a good selection of Villians and Hero's. I hope they don't cut the line, and I hope they continue to atleast release what they have previewed, but who knows I guess. Jeesh.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #2335
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Her original costume PF doesn't get enough praise IMO. One of the best X-Men statues SS has made.
The ex portrait is a must have imo. The eyes on the regular just ruin it for me.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #2336
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If Storm is ready they should just show her to us now. This is insane we have to wait this long without even a tease.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #2337
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
The ex portrait is a must have imo. The eyes on the regular just ruin it for me.
Agreed, plus the EX hair is where it's at. I will never sell mine.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #2338
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Nothing on that statue bothers me. It’s one statue I still routinely change up the pieces on. I love it from head to toe.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #2339
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
That's just mind boggling. I understand if certain statues don't sell as planned. Based on your statement, obviously with FF they released Thing, and it did bad, so they cancelled the line. But with G of the G, if you are going to release 3/4 characters of the group, atleast finish the last 2 lol. If nothing, completing a line would draw more interest from buyers in wanting to complete their lines as well.

Same with JL big 7. Perhaps they don't consider Martian Manhunter "important" to completing the team, but still. Give collectors a chance. That's just crazy.

Atleast with X-Men, you have a good selection of Villians and Hero's. I hope they don't cut the line, and I hope they continue to atleast release what they have previewed, but who knows I guess. Jeesh.
Yeah, all that said, even their new X-MEN PFs are a bloody mess. You've got modern looking PFs in Magneto, X-23, White Queen, Colossus, and Wolverine. However, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Gambit, and Rogue are straight 90's Jim Lee PFs (and those are all rehashed PFs).

I bought the recent Wolverine PF because I was excited by the idea of getting an Astonishing X-MEN or modern looking X-MEN lineup. They delivered with Emma and Colossus. However, I desperately wanted a Astonishing (or modern) Cyclops for my collection. What did we get instead? Another Lee Cyclops. What the hell? And to make matters worse, it looks like the whole modern X-MEN PF lineup has been abandoned. Every PF or statue getting released nowadays is only in Jim Lee era costumes. Rogue, Gambit, Jean, and Cyclops getting released mean we'll probably never get another Astonishing (modern) X-MEN PF. It's back to being all about Jim Lee. So, those collectors that bought the modern PFs are now screwed if they are looking to complete a modern lineup. If you bought Byrne era X-MEN PFs, you're missing Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Lee era is missing Storm, Archangel, and Beast at the very least. Astonishing era is missing Cyclops, Beast, and Kitty. With all the X-MEN PFs sideshow has released, you'd think they'd finish off at least one lineup. At this point you're basically stuck trying to mix and match lineups as best you can. Even that falls short because sideshow refuses to make certain characters like Beast and Nightcrawler in 1/4 scale. What a F'n mess!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #2340
Vader
Ghost

You should message them. I too was hoping for a more modern line-up. Tired of the look of the Jim Lee x-men.

I ordered the juggernaut, wolverine and colossus. Not fond of the others. Would like a modern cyclops and beast to go with them.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote