Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #1341
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
All Sideshow X-Men PFs appear to be Jim Lee versions, but Storm is not. Sideshow only produced the original Storm. It's a beautiful sculpt, but it would be nice to have the Jim Lee version of Storm to display with the other 90's members.

I rather not display the XM Storm with Sideshow pieces. I'm collection both, so I would like to keep Sideshow and XM X-Men separate.

thanks
Yep, we all know. Every single time anyone ever discusses a Storm statue you beg for it to be in the same tired costume.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #1342
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
All Sideshow X-Men PFs appear to be Jim Lee versions, but Storm is not. Sideshow only produced the original Storm. It's a beautiful sculpt, but it would be nice to have the Jim Lee version of Storm to display with the other 90's members.

I rather not display the XM Storm with Sideshow pieces. I'm collection both, so I would like to keep Sideshow and XM X-Men separate.

thanks
That original Storm PF was amazing. Terribly underrated among the first wave of X-Men statues and a great stand alone piece. It just seemed out of place (era) with the other releases. Not that the direction behind the other Lee PFs was sound with their odd mix of environment and plain X-bases.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #1343
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I have fond memories of playing the X-Men arcade game. Still have it on Xbox Live. It would be cool to have those suits or at least the characters, but someone would have to make Dazzler.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #1344
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I have fond memories of playing the X-Men arcade game. Still have it on Xbox Live. It would be cool to have those suits or at least the characters, but someone would have to make Dazzler.
Me too. It was my favorite game along with X-Men Children of the Atom.

I was always Storm, Dazzler and Nightcrawler. I still have the game on my PS3.

Saw this on eBay a few weeks ago and just had to get it.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #1345
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
That original Storm PF was amazing. Terribly underrated among the first wave of X-Men statues and a great stand alone piece. It just seemed out of place (era) with the other releases. Not that the direction behind the other Lee PFs was sound with their odd mix of environment and plain X-bases.
Couldn't agree more. I still have the PF and proudly display it next to my XM Storm. It's a beautiful statue my Mr. Newman (my fave sculptor). And because I don't collect entire lines, and have a variety of Storm statues, I don't see me boxing up or selling that PF any time soon.

SS is all over the map with their suit choices for the characters. Emma, Kitty (what we see of her), Wolverine all have a tribute to their Astonishing looks. Cable, Rogue, Psylocke all looks straight outta the 90s. I'm HOPING that SS avoids the Lee suit and gives us a modern Storm. That look is sadly missing from my collection.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #1346
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm HOPING that SS avoids the Lee suit and gives us a modern Storm. That look is sadly missing from my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:52 AM   #1347
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah i really want a black outfit Storm, she is my absolute most wanted right now.
My Marvel wishlist:

Storm
Hebzibah
Blink
Hope Summers
Rachel Summers
Spider Woman
Magic (XM is working on a good one)
Emma Frost (waiting for the XM version)
Dazzler
Scarlet Witch
Polaris
Moonstar
Revanche
Shadowcat

Got SS Rogue, XM Mystique, SS Elektra, SS Domino and SS X-23 preordered.

I will be collecting for years to come
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #1348
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
She's indeed beautiful and a great companion piece to the -equally underrated- Black Panther <3
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #1349
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

The Black Panther PF went for over 1000 Euro for a while, that was 2-3 years ago though.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #1350
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm HOPING that SS avoids the Lee suit and gives us a modern Storm. That look is sadly missing from my collection.
I want a 1/4 Paul Smith Mohawk Storm! NOW!!!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote