Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-04-2020, 09:38 AM   #2241
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Do we have any ideas or rumors of what characters are next by Sideshow? I see alot of people talk about Storm being revealed soon, but is that based on some sort of leaked news or just wishful thinking since XM did Storm? Same with Brown suit wolvie. Is that supposed to be happening or just a rumor? I for one, would like a yellow blue tigerstripe wolvie. I know they have the astonishing one they did recently, which I'm tempted to pick up, but I'd prefer the classic 90's look as well. I'm guessing they wouldn't do another yellow/blue wolvie so close to the release of the recent astonishing version.

Also for a wishlist, I'm not sure why we have not had a decent Nightcrawler, Beast, Bishop or Archangel. I'd even take Angel in his regular form.

On the villan side I'd like to see SS take on Omega Red, Sinister, Stryfe, Onslaught, a new Apocalypse, A 90s classic Magneto, Lady Deathstrike, Maybe Pyro.

Possibilities are endless if you ask me.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #2242
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I believe a Storm outline was shown many moons ago in a Sideshow video. That video had other characters that have already been released.

I think you're SOL on a new brown Wolvie since he was recently released on that snow base and kinda matches the new Sabretooth.

All of the other X-Men you listed as head scratchers as to why they haven't been done. Nightcrawler had licensing issues (like Rogue, but she is being made so....). The others are just a ridiculous overlook by SS because they are needed to round out the Blue/Gold teams that they like to keep half-a$$ revisiting. Perhaps some fresh blood in the front office will help us see them made.

People seem to really want Onslaught. I liked the storyline, but not sure if the character would sell. Sinister, Omega Red, and Silver Samurai would be dope. I'd very much like a Goblin Queen (underboob original design only) because Maddie Pryor was dope.

What I would really love, but know it would never happen in 1/4 scale, is a original AoA line. I loved 95% of those designs - Rogue, Storm, Jean, Blink, Scarlet Witch...all the ladies I would buy.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #2243
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Lord have mercy, another double post.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #2244
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sinister, Omega Red, and Silver Samurai would be dope.

Silver Samurai is a character I think I'd like to actually see get the Sideshow-ified treatment. Nice idea and initial design but it could use some tweaks. And of course....Sinister.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #2245
SONICobra
Batman

#sinisterriot ???
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #2246
Demona
Martian Manhunter

May as well jazz up the post with pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Men Alpha.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	128934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazing X-Men AoA.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	511.1 KB
ID:	128935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Astonishig X-Men AoA.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	128936   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Men Omega.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	128937  
Old 03-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #2247
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
May as well jazz up the post with pics
!! I was 10-11 in the 90s when AoA came out and thought it was the COOLEST storyline ever. I've had the omnibus on my shelf for a few years now unread and with the Marvel Legends AoA announcement and reveal I have since started to read through the omnibus. Great times!

I would also love to see most of the characters in 1/4. I'm sure they would do the 1 handed Wolvie, but Sabretooth w/ Wild Child would be cool, Jean Grey Cyclops, Sinister, Sunspot, Colossus, Blink, AoA Apocalypse, etc. They would all be cool. Morph as well!

And Sinister drives me nuts as to why they haven't released him. DST recently had a statue which is ok but its cheap plastic. Plus the green smoke at his feet is kind of cheesy. I would love for a semi museum pose like this:

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #2248
Peedi
The Secret Six

Speaking of AoA...

God Bless the day they finally do a regular Nightcrawler PF but when they do they NEED to do an X-Force variant for his AoA counterpart. People were very vocal about wanting a UXF Variant for Psylocke and it happened, I need the same campaigning for Nightcrawler when we get one.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #2249
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Do we have any ideas or rumors of what characters are next by Sideshow? I see alot of people talk about Storm being revealed soon, but is that based on some sort of leaked news or just wishful thinking since XM did Storm? Same with Brown suit wolvie. Is that supposed to be happening or just a rumor? I for one, would like a yellow blue tigerstripe wolvie. I know they have the astonishing one they did recently, which I'm tempted to pick up, but I'd prefer the classic 90's look as well. I'm guessing they wouldn't do another yellow/blue wolvie so close to the release of the recent astonishing version.
1. We don’t know.
2. Storm is speculation, she’s now the only X-Man from the old PFs that hasn’t been redone as a newer statue yet so it seems inevitable they make a new Storm.
3. Brown Wolverine is just wish list, however there was a video last year where Gabriel Iglesias visited SS and saw Canale with the existing PF file open on his computer and on the other screen was comic art references to the exact costume you want ...Gabriel asked why he’s working on a statue that’s already come out and they didn’t give him a straight answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
#sinisterriot ???
I’m in, as long as they do a classic version of him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #2250
SONICobra
Batman

fantomex would make for an awesome statue, sculpted or mixed media jacket i dont care but i really like how the jacket on the gambit maquette turned out. hopefully a relatively museum pose to go with xforce deadpool and xforce psylocke

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote