Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2022, 07:43 PM   #111
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This Berserker Pred's design ain't bad. He's got a barbaric savage look. (Mask looks pretty intimidating) The design change from the Original seems familiar to me... Remember Mohawk from Gremlins 2. He kinda has that similar color scheme on his flesh and his red dred's are like Mohawk's red fins.

It's a weird comparison to make, but that's the vibe I get overall from him. Definitely different from Stripe from Gremlins 1, which was also a way better movie and designed creature, but worthy of maybe purchasing if the price is right? It's a well executed prototype. Can they do it again and deliver like the JH? Not so sure about that one.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:40 PM   #112
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
This Berserker Pred's design ain't bad. He's got a barbaric savage look. (Mask looks pretty intimidating) The design change from the Original seems familiar to me... Remember Mohawk from Gremlins 2. He kinda has that similar color scheme on his flesh and his red dred's are like Mohawk's red fins.

It's a weird comparison to make, but that's the vibe I get overall from him. Definitely different from Stripe from Gremlins 1, which was also a way better movie and designed creature, but worthy of maybe purchasing if the price is right? It's a well executed prototype. Can they do it again and deliver like the JH? Not so sure about that one.
Thats actually so true ahaha reminds me of when Mohawk becomes the spider gremlin
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:58 PM   #113
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Thats actually so true ahaha reminds me of when Mohawk becomes the spider gremlin
Yea, see you get it! Not to mention his base really looks bada$$. Lots to stare at. I'm just skeptical that they'll actually put in the work they need to, to get it up to prototype standards. (Paint apps) He's probably not going to be put under as harsh of a microscope, compared to like how the Jungle Pred was & is still under....so they may drop the ball? If they can deliver that quality.... I'll be gunning for him....if the price is right.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:21 AM   #114
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Yea, see you get it! Not to mention his base really looks bada$$. Lots to stare at. I'm just skeptical that they'll actually put in the work they need to, to get it up to prototype standards. (Paint apps) He's probably not going to be put under as harsh of a microscope, compared to like how the Jungle Pred was & is still under....so they may drop the ball? If they can deliver that quality.... I'll be gunning for him....if the price is right.
I'm holding back pending bio mask, price and ES. I want Wolf to be done desperately and feel he will get the same treatment as Jungle Hunter in terms of execution. I'm hoping we get a teaser of wolf during part 2 of the showcase in December. But feel it may just be for Scar/Celtic.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:07 PM   #115
VILE GUILE

Quote:
I'm holding back pending bio mask, price and ES. I want Wolf to be done desperately and feel he will get the same treatment as Jungle Hunter in terms of execution. I'm hoping we get a teaser of wolf during part 2 of the showcase in December. But feel it may just be for Scar/Celtic.
If they don't tweak the mask, I'll have to pass too. He's got a big wide head that doesn't look like it could even fit behind it realistically. Let alone comfortably! I really hope they know about the beef with it and do it right...
Old 11-30-2022, 08:22 PM   #116
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
If they don't tweak the mask, I'll have to pass too. He's got a big wide head that doesn't look like it could even fit behind it realistically. Let alone comfortably! I really hope they know about the beef with it and do it right...
A fair few people have complained i'm 90% sure they'll fix it up. Prime 1 knows this is a niche statue and expensive so to ignore fans over a bio mask that is easily corrected would be dumb
Old 11-30-2022, 08:25 PM   #117
Hutch0o
Birdman

The more videos of this I see from Kelvin Loke the more I like this piece. If they don't tease wolf during this showcase we probably won't see him for another year or 2
Old 11-30-2022, 09:07 PM   #118
VILE GUILE

Quote:
The more videos of this I see from Kelvin Loke the more I like this piece. If they don't tease wolf during this showcase we probably won't see him for another year or 2
Yea, I'll be interested in Wolf for sure. Honestly they can take their time on him. I'm thinking I'll get three total. (JH, Berserker & Wolf) I'm passing on the City Hunter, but may get a CH bust someday, I don't know. I'll make up my mind once I see production pics of the busts paint job. Maybe I'm getting to ahead of myself. I still haven't even got my 1/3 JH and bust yet like everyone else. I'm feeling confident though that I'll get a good one and I'll be blown away and ready for another 1/3 Pred, as long as they don't get crazy on the prices. 3 Grand + Shipping is enough for these guys. I'll have to get my head examined if I pay more for another one. Lol
Old 12-01-2022, 01:56 AM   #119
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Yea, I'll be interested in Wolf for sure. Honestly they can take their time on him. I'm thinking I'll get three total. (JH, Berserker & Wolf) I'm passing on the City Hunter, but may get a CH bust someday, I don't know. I'll make up my mind once I see production pics of the busts paint job. Maybe I'm getting to ahead of myself. I still haven't even got my 1/3 JH and bust yet like everyone else. I'm feeling confident though that I'll get a good one and I'll be blown away and ready for another 1/3 Pred, as long as they don't get crazy on the prices. 3 Grand + Shipping is enough for these guys. I'll have to get my head examined if I pay more for another one. Lol
I'm on the same page, the City hunter statue is so average to me that I don't even care about getting the bust for him. I think a wolf with a sewer base could look cool
Old 12-01-2022, 07:35 AM   #120
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote