Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-21-2022, 01:21 AM   #31
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

You can appreciate the design, and all of it's intricate detailing much more in a museum pose
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #32
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It looks pretty damn good, but I'll wait for Wolf.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #33
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I'll buy if they can do $2500 for the base price with two head sculpts. AVP Predators will be pretty nuts knowing they would actually put a dead Xenomorph on the base.

I'm not sure what must have switch outs they could really offer on this one, maybe the "Jungle Hunters" head as a trophy or something. If they can keep the price below 2500 with the masked head included, I MIGHT be able to stomach that and grab one depending on the shipping costs. I certainly won't pay the $5k that the Jungle Hunter has cost me, I do really want this though, I think it looks awesome!

Although I won't really be buying many of these in this scale, I might wait and see how their Wolf turns out before I commit to this one.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #34
Hutch0o
Birdman

City hunters price I could never justify and I even bought the closed mouth and battle damaged bust for jungle hunter which were over priced. I do hope they don’t make the same mistake as they did with city hunters pricing.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:13 PM   #35
Hutch0o
Birdman

If it’s priced over 3k usd I’ll wait to for Wolf. I can’t justify spending 5k plus in Australian dollars anymore
Old 11-21-2022, 07:51 PM   #36
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
If it?s priced over 3k usd I?ll wait to for Wolf. I can?t justify spending 5k plus in Australian dollars anymore
Yea, I agree with that myself. He's no where near as popular as the Jungle Pred, so they really shouldn't price him more than him. If they stay loyal with this line's prices evenly, it will be way more successful imo. Just a few extra hundred could make or break sealing the deal.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:48 PM   #37
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yea, I agree with that myself. He's no where near as popular as the Jungle Pred, so they really shouldn't price him more than him. If they stay loyal with this line's prices evenly, it will be way more successful imo. Just a few extra hundred could make or break sealing the deal.
regardless, I think this will hit the discount page on Primes website at some point. I remember when the Berserker life sized bust from SS took like 10 years to sell out lol.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:34 PM   #38
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
regardless, I think this will hit the discount page on Primes website at some point. I remember when the Berserker life sized bust from SS took like 10 years to sell out lol.
The one main positive thing the Berserker has over the Celtic or AVP Preds they're going to make next is,.... he looks vastly different compared to the Jungle Hunter.

At this price point, I would rather have a totally different looking Predator than one that looks very similar to the JH at a quick glance. I agree the movie wasn't very good, but his design is pretty fierce and imposing. His flesh has a lot of vibrant colors that would contrast nicely next to Jungle Hunter and set them apart. If they do a Wolf someday, I'd be on board for him too, but probably pass on the AVP. If they didn't cost and arm & a leg, I'd buy all of em'... Lol
Old 11-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #39
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
The one main positive thing the Berserker has over the Celtic or AVP Preds they're going to make next is,.... he looks vastly different compared to the Jungle Hunter.

At this price point, I would rather have a totally different looking Predator than one that looks very similar to the JH at a quick glance. I agree the movie wasn't very good, but his design is pretty fierce and imposing. His flesh has a lot of vibrant colors that would contrast nicely next to Jungle Hunter and set them apart. If they do a Wolf someday, I'd be on board for him too, but probably pass on the AVP. If they didn't cost and arm & a leg, I'd buy all of em'... Lol
I agree, Berserker has a cooler history too in terms of accomplishments etc. The only way the AVP line can win me over is with the base for that piece. I?m
Assuming there will be some alien elements etc so if they deliver I may find it harder to choose between the two. But that this point of time I?m set on jungle hunter, Berserker and hopefully a wolf down the track.
Old 11-22-2022, 06:52 PM   #40
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
I agree, Berserker has a cooler history too in terms of accomplishments etc. The only way the AVP line can win me over is with the base for that piece. I?m
Assuming there will be some alien elements etc so if they deliver I may find it harder to choose between the two. But that this point of time I?m set on jungle hunter, Berserker and hopefully a wolf down the track.
There will definitely be a dead Xenomorph incorporated in the base on that one! It would be cool if he's standing with one foot on top of the dead Xenomorph's head. Since it will be in the museum style pose, I think that's the best bet.