Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

EU Returns procedure changes?

Do any EU customers who have reported faulties or asked for replacements notice that procedures have changed fairly recently? Used to be that Cindy would respond quite quickly, acknowledging the receipt of the complaint and giving an estimate on the availablity of a replacement and a likely timeframe. Now it seems like there's no response at all, even for weeks after making a warranty claim. Does anybody else find the same? Either Cindy's team is inundated with reports of faulty product or it's no longer policy to reply? Do any other EU customers find this to be the case also?
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Your best bet is to ring them.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah, I know, Bulls, I was just trying to find out if others had the same experience before calling. Transatlantic calls aren't cheap, so if I thought they would respond via email I'd wait. I guess that doesn't seem the best option any more though. Wonder why the change? - the old system worked well. I'm guessing a LOT more faulty product now.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Same here, i still haven't heard from Cindy regarding my JAWS maquette replacement. She must be backed up though.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
massf
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

still waiting on my Iron Man replacement...although I have spoken to her about it over e-mail recently.

Have just reported my Hulk Grey PF as well waiting on a reply for that......
massf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
robomorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by massf View Post
still waiting on my Iron Man replacement...although I have spoken to her about it over e-mail recently.

Have just reported my Hulk Grey PF as well waiting on a reply for that......
Wow, sounds like we're in the same position massf, I'm waiting for news or a reply concerning my Iron Man Comiquette Ex. and the Grey Hulk PF too.

Did you get the recent email from Sideshow asking for a photo of the Iron Man base? Apparently, brand new statues are being shipped from the US, with the edition numbers reissued.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
massf
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I sent them pictures late last year showing the damage so hopefully I won't need to resend them. I'm really annoyed about the Hulk though, as some paint defects are just blatant. It may not seem too excessive for some people but I ended up paying $532 with tax and shipping so I want one without any flaws whatsoever!

His fist

His back

His left arm
massf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
robomorph

Quite similar to the faults on mine really:

On a rare ltd edition statue costing over $400 I expect no obvious damages.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I also noticed the replies take longer. The actual replacements have always taken months but the email replies were faster in the past. As for calling to the US, I'd rather not pay that bill.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

One of my Greens came with something similar, but I just touched up. You can't even notice now. But I can understand people wanting to exchange, since you paid for something that was suposed to be perfect. Good luck with your exchanges.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote