Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I'll definitely be getting one but will probably wait for the inevitable price drop (for console and games) I was going to buy at launch but the price of the memory cards is ridiculous, I mean I know they need to make a profit but that is taking the p!ss big time and I'm not supporting their greed.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You know, if Sony said free downloads on all previously purchased PSP games for the Vita. I would probably pick this up on day one. The PSP has some nice portable titles that I still play and some I haven't finished. It's a simple as Sony saying "cutout your box SKU and we'll email you a code." Since the Vita doesn't have a UMD drive and a lot of the recent titles are downloadable that is the least they could do.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll definitely be picking up one of these. I really dig handheld gaming and the mini consoles are getting better all the time.

And for the record, I loved the UMD. I have a huge UMD movie collection and was really bummed when they stopped making them
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

For those of you looking at a Vita I would definitely wait. They are struggling out of the gate in Japan, which is Sony's bread and butter marketplace. A similar dynamic on this side of the pond could see big price drops for the console and peripherals sooner than later.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/05/vi...in-third-week/

" Media Create data shows that the PlayStation Vita sold 42,648 units in its third week at Japanese retail, a precipitous drop from last week's already troubling 72,479. Once again, the new handheld trails behind the 3DS (at 197,952), PS3, and, yes, the PSP.

Compare that to the 3DS, which was also perceived as something of a flop in its early days. In its third week on the market (from March 7 through March 13 of last year), 96,463 3DS systems were sold in Japan, with 209,623 preceding. The Vita is clearly off to a slower start.

Once again, no Vita games appeared in the Media Create top 20 software charts, though we expect slow retail software sales even after the system picks up, thanks to the pervasive digital distribution of Vita games."
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
I think the 3G version will have to go through AT&T, so I'd expect @ least a $25/month bill.

Do I really want to pay $300+tax a year to play a VITA? NOPE!
+ Memory cards +

Its not compatible w/ the old games/movies on PSP2000/3000 +
I bought the PSP2000 and several UMD games/movies for a great buy, bran-new..
A friend that keeps track of this stuff (computer hardware / software) told me not to get it

VITA
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
For those of you looking at a Vita I would definitely wait. They are struggling out of the gate in Japan, which is Sony's bread and butter marketplace. A similar dynamic on this side of the pond could see big price drops for the console and peripherals sooner than later.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/05/vi...in-third-week/

" Media Create data shows that the PlayStation Vita sold 42,648 units in its third week at Japanese retail, a precipitous drop from last week's already troubling 72,479. Once again, the new handheld trails behind the 3DS (at 197,952), PS3, and, yes, the PSP.

Compare that to the 3DS, which was also perceived as something of a flop in its early days. In its third week on the market (from March 7 through March 13 of last year), 96,463 3DS systems were sold in Japan, with 209,623 preceding. The Vita is clearly off to a slower start.

Once again, no Vita games appeared in the Media Create top 20 software charts, though we expect slow retail software sales even after the system picks up, thanks to the pervasive digital distribution of Vita games."
You're probably right . . . but waiting is hard, especially when you're a 'chronic early adopter'

I've been looking at the video footage of games like Uncharted and Resistance and they look fantastic. Whether I end up waiting or not, I'll definitely be picking up a Vita . . . I have a real affinity for handheld games (going back to the old Game & Watch's) and it just blows me away to see what there are capable of now.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
antnie
I am da law!

I am getting the wifi model. I was under the impression that with the 3g model I could play games online on the go, but as I just read it will not support that. What is the point of the 3g then?
$25 a month for less internet capabilities than my iphone ($25 iphone internet).
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'm only getting the wifi one also. If u get umvc3 well have to fight antnie also sf x tekken
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnie View Post
I am getting the wifi model. I was under the impression that with the 3g model I could play games online on the go, but as I just read it will not support that. What is the point of the 3g then?
$25 a month for less internet capabilities than my iphone ($25 iphone internet).
SONY announced Netflix today on the Vita @ CES

Still no way I'm paying all that money.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Day 1 purchase, can't wait to eventually have umvsc3, the new MK, and sf vs tekken all on the vita. Hopefully the new soul calibur gets a vita port and ssf4AE, even though I've played sf4 so much and on so many different platforms I could puke, itd still be the only fully ps3 looking port of sf4
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote