Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #31
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
An enjoyable movie but not great. At least we get to see Kong in this one and we get to see a lot of him unlike the mess that was Godzilla. However the director made good actors look bad and the script was non existent. I guess as I get older my forgiving movies without good dialogue is waning.
I hear you. I have the same issue with comic books that are poorly plotted, written and scripted even if the art is beautiful. Same applies to the importance of writing in movies. Haven't seen this one yet but hope to love it...

Last edited by wktf; 03-12-2017 at 01:53 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #32
protector2814
Phoenix

Just got back. Why the spectacle was fab; the Kong & Monster scenes, especially those involving "fight" were extremely satisfying, the movie was just o-k. With the exception of John Reilly's scenes, the injections of humor felt forced & unfunny. The cast often had nothing to do but repeat, more or less, what they just did in scenes before. Sam Jackson's character seemed only partially developed especially in the beginning before reaching Skull Island. I will say that the opening scene was fantastic! One of the best I've seen in a while. It's a fun monster movie & one I'd recommend if you like monster movies. Kong looks amazing in this movie too.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #33
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I enjoyed this film for it's excellent visuals and giant monster fight scenes. They were really great, and let's face it, that's what I've loved about giant monster movies since I was a kid, and the reason that I've gone to them over the years. I agree that Sam Jackson tends to take me out of the moment when he's on screen, but John Goodman's acting was plain lousy in this film. I felt like he struggled to get through every one of his lines and was difficult to watch. Kong however was very cool! I thought the differences in this Kong from the Peter Jackson Kong were interesting, aside from the fact that this Kong was twice as big as the one in the Peter Jackson film. The Jackson Kong was a silver back gorilla. Built like one, moved like one, etc. This Kong stood upright the whole movie and moved more like a Sasquatch, or a man as opposed to a Gorilla. His torso and legs were more man like, as were his movements. I thought that was interesting. They also said that he's still growing, so it will be interesting to see how big he gets. He's 100 feet tall in this film, but he will need to grow 3.5 times bigger to be as big as Godzilla. I'm really looking forward to the match up, but Kong will need to become fire retardant. Come to think of it, he kind of showed that he was in this film in a way...I guess we'll see.

So, this was a fun monster romp and that's all I was looking for when I went in the theatre.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote