Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 02:49 AM   #1011
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
I totally disagree. It seems like people want to silence criticsm which makes me question what the mods are trying to accomplish. It's not redundant when the last five things I've ordered from Sideshow have had QC issues. When I can't get replacements or the replacements they send are worse than what was sent in the first place? Do you work for Sideshow? Why try to silence criticism? Do you silence all the redundant "Sideshow is great still yada yada..." Seems hypocrital and I am only speaking for myself. Clearly many many others feel the same way. Great for you if you have had positive experiences but I haven't. From losing out on import fees to being offered shoddy replacements and "take it or leave it or send it back" you're darn right i am criticising and interested in other companies and I feel I have every right to. Sincerely sorry if that doesn't gel with the mods agendas but I'm only speaking the truth of MY experiences with Sideshow. For the record, yes, XM seems great. Now let's get back on track...
I think it's more about the consistency and pervasiveness of the negative comments about SS more than trying to totally censor how you feel. Many of us, myself included, have had posts conveying the same feelings towards SS for their poor QC issues, I've had more QC issues this year than ever before with SS and I do post about it, but for the overall health of the board I try not to stay in that mode which keeps the negative vibe going. I've never been questioned by the mods for voicing my displeasure because it's somewhat contained (as possibly as can be when I'm frustrated). You're not wrong for how you feel, but maybe it doesn't have to be so persistent on this part of the site. Not attacking you, just trying to bring another perspective.

With this being the XM section, we all know SS comparisons will pop up, it's only natural, but its all about XM here, not SS. Especially this thread in particular, being "Ask XM", and XM actually taking the time to look through here to answer the questions (THANKS!).

And yes, I fully agree about that XM Spidey! Absolutely can't wait!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #1012
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Has SS come out and say that DC requires them to put these really high ES on their statues?

I haven't see anything and unless I'm wrong it's just speculation and rumors from collectors trying to figure out why SS does it...
acutely that is the requirement from DC to SS, it's been told by one of my friend who know ppl work with ss, otherwise they will do the same as marvel.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #1013
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
acutely that is the requirement from DC to SS, it's been told by one of my friend who know ppl work with ss, otherwise they will do the same as marvel.
Nonsense. Then why are there so many other DC licensees that release statues with a much lower ES? Name one other statue company that did any DC statue with an ES of 9500 for a full size piece (not bust). It's never happened. This is why I get up in arms with the nonsensical defenders of Sideshow that make stuff up as they go along to try to get people to believe that it has nothing to do with greed or profit that Sideshow has kept cutting corners and over-inflating ES. I'm sure mods will be mad at me again for speaking the truth but oh well. Yeah "I know someone who knows someone" is not at all factual information. Anyway, we really should focus at XM guys since it is their thread. Let's be more positive as XM is really doing great work. Forget that other company in this thread. I hope XM post as to what will be their next big releases in 2015. Anyway, I have vented. Night all. XM keep up the great great work.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 AM   #1014
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumOpus View Post
Sorry buddy Don't you hear the news!!!

Quote:
So true.
schoolboy error....peace
Old 11-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #1015
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I think it's more about the consistency and pervasiveness of the negative comments about SS more than trying to totally censor how you feel. Many of us, myself included, have had posts conveying the same feelings towards SS for their poor QC issues, I've had more QC issues this year than ever before with SS and I do post about it, but for the overall health of the board I try not to stay in that mode which keeps the negative vibe going. I've never been questioned by the mods for voicing my displeasure because it's somewhat contained (as possibly as can be when I'm frustrated). You're not wrong for how you feel, but maybe it doesn't have to be so persistent on this part of the site. Not attacking you, just trying to bring another perspective.

With this being the XM section, we all know SS comparisons will pop up, it's only natural, but its all about XM here, not SS. Especially this thread in particular, being "Ask XM", and XM actually taking the time to look through here to answer the questions (THANKS!).

And yes, I fully agree about that XM Spidey! Absolutely can't wait!
Thanks. Good advice. Night all.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #1016
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I totally disagree. It seems like people want to silence criticsm which makes me question what the mods are trying to accomplish. It's not redundant when the last five things I've ordered from Sideshow have had QC issues. When I can't get replacements or the replacements they send are worse than what was sent in the first place? Do you work for Sideshow? Why try to silence criticism? Do you silence all the redundant "Sideshow is great still yada yada..." Seems hypocrital and I am only speaking for myself. Clearly many many others feel the same way. Great for you if you have had positive experiences but I haven't. From losing out on import fees to being offered shoddy replacements and "take it or leave it or send it back" you're darn right i am criticising and interested in other companies and I feel I have every right to. Sincerely sorry if that doesn't gel with the mods agendas but I'm only speaking the truth of MY experiences with Sideshow. For the record, yes, XM seems great. Now let's get back on track...
Quote:
Sorry, I just dislike getting called out for speaking the truth. Any questions for the XM folks? I hope they reveal a Spidey soon.
Quote:
Nonsense. Then why are there so many other DC licensees that release statues with a much lower ES? Name one other statue company that did any DC statue with an ES of 9500 for a full size piece (not bust). It's never happened. This is why I get up in arms with the nonsensical defenders of Sideshow that make stuff up as they go along to try to get people to believe that it has nothing to do with greed or profit that Sideshow has kept cutting corners and over-inflating ES. I'm sure mods will be mad at me again for speaking the truth but oh well. Yeah "I know someone who knows someone" is not at all factual information. Anyway, we really should focus at XM guys since it is their thread. Let's be more positive as XM is really doing great work. Forget that other company in this thread. I hope XM post as to what will be their next big releases in 2015. Anyway, I have vented. Night all. XM keep up the great great work.
Mistermark. You're not being called out for 'speaking the truth'. You are being called out for continuously shoving your 'opinion' down people throats.

There is no 'mod agenda' other than to help 'everyone' here enjoy this hobby. It is difficult for other members to do that when people such as yourself seem hell bent on slamming a company over and over with comments about how their products are 'utter crap' and 'junk', etc.

It's not in the least bit constructive, it comes across as nothing more than sour grapes and it bums out people who do actually enjoy Sideshow's products.

So either give it a rest or go some place else. OK.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:47 AM   #1017
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Let's get get something straight, the only "agenda" the mods have is to keep this place civil, the threads on topic and fun for everyone. Nobody is saying you can't post your opinions and share your experiences, both good and bad.

That said, you've made your point and your stance on Sideshow clear, multiple times now. If you want to make legitimate comparisons between companies producing like product, fine, but do it without inserting one more dig at the company you find fault with. All that does is fuel unnecessary rants and derail threads.

And a word to the wise, if a mod calls you out on something it's best not to challenge it, insult us and/or make baseless accusations. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. Best to remember that.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:05 AM   #1018
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Mistermark. You're not being called out for 'speaking the truth'. You are being called out for continuously shoving your 'opinion' down people throats.

There is no 'mod agenda' other than to help 'everyone' here enjoy this hobby. It is difficult for other members to do that when people such as yourself seem hell bent on slamming a company over and over with comments about how their products are 'utter crap' and 'junk', etc.

It's not in the least bit constructive, it comes across as nothing more than sour grapes and it bums out people who do actually enjoy Sideshow's products.

So either give it a rest or go some place else. OK.
I tried to turn it into a positive with my last comment. Then I got in trouble again. I can't win. Sorry ladies and gents. Had to respond. Night. Meant no harm only opinions based on my experience.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:00 AM   #1019
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

it doesn't matter if you like it or not Mistermark..... people will still buying from ss , they still the big company does great statue. and even there is a lot es from DC, so what? people will still buy them, at least the ex is all sold out with good ES, I have be moving from ss to xm, BUT I am keep their master work such as doom pf hulk pf etc.

just chill ....we only try to having fun here man....
Old 11-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #1020
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Thats a couple of pieces vs multiples that have released with no issues.
Like?
Closed Thread