Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #31
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

The wife and I are having a hard time getting through this one, finally at the 10th of the episodes. It says something as we went out of our way to skip things in favour of watching DD; which bumped TWS as my favourite MCU product

It is just not as compelling and the inconsistency in their decision making with how to handle Kilgrave in the interest of expanding the plot is infuriating. I personally think they would have had a far stronger product had it been 8 - 10 episodes long.

Also the sex scenes are ridiculous. Way over the top, more frequent and longer than they should be; but yet they don't just go all out ala HBO/Showcase and give you nudity. Honestly Marvel the fence sitting was super distracting for me. I personally would have toned it way down as the VAST majority of it thus far has simply been for shock value. There is maybe two intimate scenes that moved the narrative fwd thus far and both would have played just as well if simply implied ala a Network show.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 12-28-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #32
SONICobra
Batman

I wasnt really feeling it for a while either i forget when i really started to enjoy it, the last episode is awesome
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #33
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The wife and I are having a hard time getting through this one, finally at the 10th of the episodes. It says something as we went out of our way to skip things in favour of watching DD; which bumped TWS as my favourite MCU product

It is just not as compelling and the inconsistency in their decision making with how to handle Kilgrave in the interest of expanding the plot is infuriating. I personally think they would have had a far stronger product had it been 8 - 10 episodes long.

Also the sex scenes are ridiculous. Way over the top, more frequent and longer than they should be; but yet they don't just go all out ala HBO/Showcase and give you nudity. Honestly Marvel the fence sitting was super distracting for me. I personally would have toned it way down as the VAST majority of it thus far has simply been for shock value. There is maybe two intimate scenes that moved the narrative fwd thus far and both would have played just as well if simply implied ala a Network show.
Yeah, pretty much agree. I just finished episode 9 so I think I'm in the same place you are in the narrative. Gotta say, though, the reference to Nuke from Frank Miller's Daredevil: Born Again storyline really caught me by surprise and caught my attention.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote