Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #201
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Shipping got jacked up for Canada as well. As you mentioned, the standard used to be $40, it's now $70 for me.
Yeah, not good. If you're anything like us, you'll have to pay at least 20% vat on top of the total price including shipping also. Hopefully they can find a way to get the rates down again in future. But I guess they were raised for a reason.

I'm just worried about the Coolprops P2 bust I have on order, it's massive!! But I ordered it happily knowing how good sideshows rates were, that has now changed...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #202
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, not good. If you're anything like us, you'll have to pay at least 20% vat on top of the total price including shipping also. Hopefully they can find a way to get the rates down again in future. But I guess they were raised for a reason.

I'm just worried about the Coolprops P2 bust I have on order, it's massive!! But I ordered it happily knowing how good sideshows rates were, that has now changed...
I am in the same position. Have several items on pre-order which I placed late last /earlier this year and at the time I thought shipping was still at the old rate. I wonder if a cut off pre order date for honouring the old shipping rates is in place or if new rates will be applied regardless. Also, if the new rates are to be applied regardless of when pre orders were placed if we can cancel and get the NRD back?
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #203
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
Sideshow goofed up!
It's sad too because I really like the pose, the face sculpt and the mixed media looks incredible. I would love to have this next to my LSB Darth Maul. Just not at $500 plus. $400 was pushing it for a statue in my opinion.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #204
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The Savage Opress PF had a light up saber AND base for $400. This has no light up feature at all and costs more. How can this possibly be $120 more than Savage???

There's no excuse for this. Absolutely none.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #205
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The Savage Opress PF had a light up saber AND base for $400. This has no light up feature at all and costs more. How can this possibly be $120 more than Savage???

There's no excuse for this. Absolutely none.
they excuse this with rising costs and rising license fees... I dont buy it not one bit. not in such a short period of time
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #206
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
My hope as well. This piece will give us our answer. Fingers crossed.
Well it looks like we have our answer and it isn't good. It's a bare bones PF and there is no justification looking at the piece to warrant this price. I'll pick up the Vader and Boba Fett PFs and then I'm done with Sideshow's Star Wars line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #207
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If the $520 includes free shipping then I'll bite. Figure $30ish for shipping and puts price below $500 along with reward points. Hopefully edition size will be set at the start like the other new PFs.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #208
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well on the one hand as Viper mentioned we have our answer... prices on SW PFs have gone up drastically across the board after the Sandtrooper just a couple months ago. As I suspected what Episode the piece is from has nothing to do with it either so EPVII licensing fees are not the culprit. Bottom line these are the new price points. Take it or leave it I suppose.

Speaking for myself I'll be using my remaing Reward Points on a future purchase (not this) and then I'm done collecting product from this company as I've officially been priced out. Those of you buying this... enjoy your $600 PFs with minimal switch-out parts/alternate display options and no light-up features.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #209
SONICobra
Batman

unfortunately this means passing on a lot characters / statues I really like, I think we all saw this coming but maybe just not so fast
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #210
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
If the $520 includes free shipping then I'll bite. Figure $30ish for shipping and puts price below $500 along with reward points. Hopefully edition size will be set at the start like the other new PFs.
this is how they want to play the game.. until they get rid of the free shipping one day and bam you have again a price increase

I just can not believe they are loosing right now a lot of customers with whats going on... it must hurt them and they must feel it, no?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote