Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 06-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
silverage1
Frackin!

HELP with Broken Thor Wings

I just purchased a Bowen Thor mini-bust and the wings were broken in transit.

I've read that you can modify the Thor Battle Armor extra wings as a replacement.

What is the best way to carefully take off the remaining pieces of the wings from the sides of Thor's head and to attach the extra wings?

Appreciate any advice you can give me.
silverage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

How was it shipped?
As for the bat you can cut off the little peg insert and put it on.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
silverage1
Frackin!

It was shipped by USPS insured but I tried before and insurance is practically useless unless the box is considerably damaged.

The seller cut pieces of the styrofoam and inserted tissue to try to prevent the wings from breaking. I think he was a honest seller and tried his best to ship the item safely.

Unfortunately, they did break and I think this particular bust is almost impossible to ship intact because this is my second try at obtaining one.

I still would like to know how to detach the remaining pieces of the Thor wings which were glued on before I attempt to attach the BAT wings.

Any ideas, from any of you experts out there?
silverage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
Scott Johansen
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Well..........this is a tough one. I had to remove the wings off of a Thor bust but ended up having to strip the whole thing of paint and re paint it. I would say the best thing to do would be to ask the seller what he attached them with. If it's a CA (super) glue you could have alot of work. best thing to do would be to take a Dremel tool to them where they attach and remove as much of it as you can without cutting into the statue. The BAT wings are the same and if you want I believe you can order extra sets from Bowen for $10.00 each. If they aren't glued in with alot of glue you may get away with just prying them out with a small screwdriver. However be CAREFUL!!

Scott
Scott Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Dremel is your friend. but be gentle. just try carving the center. once u get the replacement wings, it's only a little metal peg, which u can drill a hole for if u have drill-bit small enough. no glue needed if the peg hole is made.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Before you went to the post office you should have sat on top of the outer box and kicked it around. I bought a statue adn went to one post office and they didnt give me the insurance so I packed it up put the box and statue my back seat and my son stepped on it everytime entering the car on the way to pulling himself on his car seat. After about 2 weeks the box was hammered on the outside, and I brought it to another post office and they started the claim!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Before you went to the post office you should have sat on top of the outer box and kicked it around. I bought a statue adn went to one post office and they didnt give me the insurance so I packed it up put the box and statue my back seat and my son stepped on it everytime entering the car on the way to pulling himself on his car seat. After about 2 weeks the box was hammered on the outside, and I brought it to another post office and they started the claim!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
Colossus
Loki

Sniper you know mail fraud is a federal offense? LOL
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote