Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #1141
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
For the collectors saying that they'll wait for Prime 1 due to the cost of this...

You know Prime 1's Venom is going to be far more expensive right?
... déjÃ- vu.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #1142
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
correct. but you are assured a smaller edition size and top notch quality (especially the paint). I am willing to pay more to be "wowed".

SS version is "nice" but far from definitive. Add hit and miss qc, a large edition size, and well...it doesn't really make any sense to pre-order right away...only to potentially regret not getting another version that you may like way more.

This.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #1143
bigdaddyvenom
A day without sunshine is like... night.

You could get both....just saying.
bigdaddyvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #1144
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Just a thought...

The Spidey PF is a great stand alone piece. The symbiote variant is pretty nice as well. Now, when you think Spider-Man and his rogues in a series of 1/4 scale statues you tend to get excited. In your mind you picture classic depictions of these characters that many have been waiting for.

Green Goblin PF is nice but they went too modern/stylized with the art direction. Black Cat is...different. Carnage is good. This Venom...not my cup of tea with the toes and the X-Men's Beast pose. Something has gone wrong with the overall art direction for this line.
Tend to agree...also factor in the likelihood (or un-likelihood may be a better way of putting it) of the line expanding beyond these 3 villains (4 I guess, if you consider Black Cat a villain), and the excitement level dies in a hurry for me. I want all the Spidey villains, not the same ones again and again.

I really like the two Spider-Man pieces, the rest have been average to good so far.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #1145
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Just a thought...

The Spidey PF is a great stand alone piece. The symbiote variant is pretty nice as well. Now, when you think Spider-Man and his rogues in a series of 1/4 scale statues you tend to get excited. In your mind you picture classic depictions of these characters that many have been waiting for.

Green Goblin PF is nice but they went too modern/stylized with the art direction. Black Cat is...different. Carnage is good. This Venom...not my cup of tea with the toes and the X-Men's Beast pose. Something has gone wrong with the overall art direction for this line.
Yeah, I like the spidey piece as well, even picked up the symbiote to bookend it. But was not impressed with Goblin and Venom and this overall smoke theme at the bottom of the bases. And those are two of my favorite villains. Art direction failed on this set IMO...
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #1146
SONICobra
Batman

i get it they want to get everyone caught up who might have missed out on originals but it would have been nice to have some other characters sprinkled in between rehashes. literally every character done so far for this new line are the only SM villains that have already been done before - and in 1/4 scale - by ss

regardless, now that we have all those out of the way its time for some new characters - lets see doc oc and sandman!

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #1147
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i get it they want to get everyone caught up who might have missed out on originals but it would have been nice to have some other characters sprinkled in between rehashes. literally every character done so far for this new line are the only SM villains that have already been done before - and in 1/4 scale - by ss

regardless, now that we have all those out of the way its time for some new characters - lets see doc oc and sandman!

Ya they should have done doc oct instead of black cat
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #1148
Bakelite
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Ya they should have done doc oct instead of black cat
I would be in if they did an Otto in PF.
Bakelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #1149
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Definitely would be interested in a Doc Ock. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of Spidey's most iconic and important villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #1150
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
For the collectors saying that they'll wait for Prime 1 due to the cost of this...

You know Prime 1's Venom is going to be far more expensive right?
Yeah we know that but we are also hoping that it looks amazing and blows our socks off which this piece is not doing by a mile. Some of my SS purchases have been compromises because there was no other player on the market, that stops now.SS think they can hike prices because all these other companies are charging more is lame ,they have slowly become the inferior company ,but they were the pioneers in premium collectibles at one point. I still will order from them but I am not forced to anymore. I love Prime 1's quality and think they are good bang for buck.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote