Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2017, 12:15 PM   #941
SONICobra
Batman

i hope they still take a stab at deathstroke in the DCEU, could even be a cool solo film
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #942
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
cool! what's that leaked video from?
It was supposedly a test for when Ben Affleck was directing The Batman, but now Matt Reeves is directing and he threw Ben's script out so we may not be getting Deathstroke at this point.

Whatever happens they need to give Geoff Johns final script approval. If there's anyone I trust to write a DC story it's Johns.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #943
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It was supposedly a test for when Ben Affleck was directing The Batman, but now Matt Reeves is directing and he threw Ben's script out so we may not be getting Deathstroke at this point.

Whatever happens they need to give Geoff Johns final script approval. If there's anyone I trust to write a DC story it's Johns.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #944
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:

I couldn't agree more but Reeves supposedly refused to be involved unless it was "His" script. The exact quote of him stating this made me uneasy as I love Geoff John's work so much.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #945
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I couldn't agree more but Reeves supposedly refused to be involved unless it was "His" script. The exact quote of him stating this made me uneasy as I love Geoff John's work so much.
Which is why I'm skeptical of everything the WB does, they grant too much power to the directors. The characters and the story they are in are the most important parts of a comic book movie, not the directors artistic interpretation.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #946
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Which is why I'm skeptical of everything the WB does, they grant too much power to the directors. The characters and the story they are in are the most important parts of a comic book movie, not the directors artistic interpretation.
A lot of Marvel haters refuse to acknowledge that their complete control over the movies has granted a quality and standard to each and every one.
I'd prefer if they choose another villain for the movie, I'd like to see Freeze, Two-Face or Riddler. I feel Deathstroke could handle his own movie, especially with him toeing the line between villain and hero these days.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #947
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
This was how I generally felt about WB. But then Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman happened. You have to think that in the hands of any other director, WW wouldn't have been so successful and so universally praised by critics and fans. Now I want Patty Jenkins to tackle MOS 2 if that movie were to ever happen.

As for Deathstroker, I'd rather have him in a Titans or Nightwing movie. Regarding this statue, I know the costume redesign gets a lot of hate and I still want a classic Perez style costume, but I'm a fan of Bourassa's stylized design work with Young Justice and I'm leaning toward getting this. I just wish that SS would do a classics variant subline since they've already done Modern Batman and Balent Catwoman. They have to know that a good number of collectors would bite on a Perez Deathstroke or a Byrne Cyclops / X-Men especially if the ES for these variants were really low.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #948
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
I just wish that SS would do a classics variant subline since they've already done Modern Batman and Balent Catwoman. They have to know that a good number of collectors would bite on a Perez Deathstroke or a Byrne Cyclops / X-Men especially if the ES for these variants were really low.
Well said. So many of us are just waiting for a company to give us classic styled 1/4 statues. I'm personally waiting on a classic Perez Deathstroke and a Byrne line of X-MEN PFs. Those would be a dream come true for me personally.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #949
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
A lot of Marvel haters refuse to acknowledge that their complete control over the movies has granted a quality and standard to each and every one.
I'd prefer if they choose another villain for the movie, I'd like to see Freeze, Two-Face or Riddler. I feel Deathstroke could handle his own movie, especially with him toeing the line between villain and hero these days.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
This was how I generally felt about WB. But then Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman happened. You have to think that in the hands of any other director, WW wouldn't have been so successful and so universally praised by critics and fans. Now I want Patty Jenkins to tackle MOS 2 if that movie were to ever happen.

As for Deathstroker, I'd rather have him in a Titans or Nightwing movie. Regarding this statue, I know the costume redesign gets a lot of hate and I still want a classic Perez style costume, but I'm a fan of Bourassa's stylized design work with Young Justice and I'm leaning toward getting this. I just wish that SS would do a classics variant subline since they've already done Modern Batman and Balent Catwoman. They have to know that a good number of collectors would bite on a Perez Deathstroke or a Byrne Cyclops / X-Men especially if the ES for these variants were really low.
I'm not saying that different directors need to be picked, actually quite the contrary, the right director needs to be in place to give the films a specific look and feel, what I am saying is that when it comes to Character and how those characters are interpreted, the directors need to be reigned in, which is why WB appointed Geoff Johns as one of the people to oversee all the DC films from now on.

Otherwise you get Jarred Leto's Joker, which imo, was a tragedy on film.

EDIT: I'm also not a fan of, Just because one director gets one character we should put them on all characters, that's how we got a Zack Snyder, which imo was a huge mistake.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #950
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I am looking forward to this, hoping it arrives soon! I grew up reading the classic New teen titans and this look captures that for me.
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote