Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #2231
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Now that that's established...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I'd like us to discuss this, but I don't know if everyone is OK with knowing this beforehand.
What do you want to discuss?

I guess the most obvious is that the title is referring to Dany and Jon. But it could just be Jon (via his parentage, Rhaegar and Lyanna).
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #2232
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
this is the title of the last episode of this season
Spoiler
The Dragon and The Wolf

I'd like us to discuss this, but I don't know if everyone is OK with knowing this beforehand.
Spoiler
Drogan and Ghost fight to the death. That's what we've all been waiting for. Screentime with Ghost.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #2233
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Speaking of the Wolves, they're a lot less important to the story than I thought they would be.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #2234
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Speaking of the Wolves, they're a lot less important to the story than I thought they would be.
Seriously. They should've just killed them all in Season 1. Be done with it.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #2235
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Definitely not spoiler.

Reading the title now, versus reading it minutes before the show airs on Sunday? Does anyone remember TV Guide? I guess all the info towards the end of the issue were spoilers?
Haha, true. Point taken.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #2236
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Now that that's established...

What do you want to discuss?

I guess the most obvious is that the title is referring to Dany and Jon. But it could just be Jon (via his parentage, Rhaegar and Lyanna).
I think there could be a double meaning, the obvious is Dany and Jon, but what about Littlefinger as the dragon and Arya as the wolf? What if we are right that Arya is faking her anger against Sansa and somehow Arya is trying to plot against Littlefinger as he plots against her? The dragon would be the sure favorite, but the wolf when cornered, can put up a tough fight.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #2237
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:

Also, as to Arya - who here thinks it may not really be Arya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
This exact thought crossed my mind after my second viewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Never really considered that. Probabaly because it would cheapen the moments of her returning to Winterfell and reuniting with her family after so long.

What I did consider however, when Sansa discovered the bag-o-faces, was the possibility Arya has been impersonating Littlefinger in an effort to test Sansa's loyalty.
I know there was a theory it was really the Waif who survived the encounter with Arya and has taken her identity and it was a strong possibility before season 7 started but I don't think so now. There are too many things only Arya would know, like Hot pie, or the story Ned clappying when Arya hit the bullseye, or Nymeria not ripping her throat out.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #2238
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I know there was a theory it was really the Waif who survived the encounter with Arya and has taken her identity and it was a strong possibility before season 7 started but I don't think so now. There are too many things only Arya would know, like Hot pie, or the story Ned clappying when Arya hit the bullseye, or Nymeria not ripping her throat out.
Yeah, exactly. It's an idea I've been flirting with, but at all the points along the way, it's easily refutable. Not the least of which is Bran (foreseeing things).

(Bran tangent for a moment): And he's a major plot-sinkhole at this point, across the board. Yeah, yeah, he's 'disconnected' now. But he is still alive, and presumably even if he doesn't feel 'love' for his siblings any more, they're more familiar to him than strangers? He wanted to speak with Jon upon his return, after all...can't he just foresee when and if he is going to speak with Jon? What a can of worms his whole ability is...

Basically, we're all just looking for a good explanation for why Arya is acting so un-Arya right now.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #2239
johnclone
The Enchantress

What could this leaked photo mean? It would seem that Tyrion may betray Dany?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	default.png
Views:	6
Size:	811.7 KB
ID:	107323  
Old 08-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #2240
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
He wanted to speak with Jon upon his return, after all...can't he just foresee when and if he is going to speak with Jon? What a can of worms his whole ability is...
He can foresee something happening, but it has to actually happen for it to be fulfilled, otherwise they are just possibilities. And I don't know if his power shows "possibilities" as well as reality. It's not The Force, so I don't know if for him "always in motion is the future" or if the future is something concrete for him like the past.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote