Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-24-2017, 08:02 AM   #11
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I just want the original Hulk back. I have been reading the current Chulk and I just can not get into the character. at all.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #12
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I really love diversity in comics, I'm all for it and I believe if we want our children to buy and enjoy comics they have to be representative of the world we live in. Call me a liberal if you wish, but I believe intolerance of any lifestyle or culture is abhorrent.

I say this as my statement could be misconceived as racist or intolerant (a sign of the times sadly).

However, Marvel forcing diversity into pre-established, widely accepted character's shoes is incredibly ill thought out and actually has proved to push people away from those characters.

Having hispanic, black, LGBT or female characters 'replace' established characters rather than grow as identities of their own alienates readers and makes people see genuine diversity as a gimmick.

Iceman from the past being homosexual when his future self is heterosexual actually implies that you can 'learn' or be conditioned to be gay or straight, which I find reprehensible.

Edit: This is incorrect, I had not read that adult Iceman had also confirmed he is now gay too. My bad.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #13
Y3E
Gen 13

Good to hear Marvel is going back to its roots but I am sure it will fizzle out in a year's time and be back to the same garbage. If Marvel really want to go back to its roots, get rid of the multiple titles per character/groups. We don't need 5 Avengers or X-Men books.

I'm curious to see how the books renumber will continue.

Also, if they revamp the uniforms, please make the outfits make sense. Not everyone needs to wear armor, pads and have loads of pockets and pouches.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #14
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I still read them, too, Jerry. And, ouch, One More Day. No words. Well, when we sit together reading our books waiting for the extinction level meteor let's just make sure we're sipping an aged whiskey.
Whiskey does help w/ some of the newer titles & storylines.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #15
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think Disney needs to stop making comics that seem to be supplements to the movies and recognize the comics as it's own medium. Stop the boycott on F4 or mutants because they don't make you movie money. And yes, forced diversity is an insult to those who don't want the original characters messed with and those who want more diverse and organic heroes.

If I was a chick (how many conversation start like that?) I think I'd want "my own" hero then what feels like a participation ribbon "here you go... thor is a girl now!" "here you go... wolverine is a girl now!" "here you go, here is a female spider man... and deadpool.... and iron man.... and..."
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Poor Dinosaurs... It's life of complaning about how Marvel and DC dissapointed you and ruined your childhood favorites...

If you can only be flexible abit but it's not in the nature of The Dinosaurs, you can't teach a dinosaur new tricks... I'm glad, i'm not a dinosaur and i will probably reduce my superhero comics buyings to just Batman in the near future. It's not like Batman is so good, it's just that Batman is a childhood favorite, as you can see there is some dinosaurness in me too but very little and i'm grateful for that. I'm grateful that there is a comics outside of superheroes and manga to turn to for actually good stories and i'm flexible enough to read them.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #17
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Poor Dinosaurs... It's life of complaning about how Marvel and DC dissapointed you and ruined your childhood favorites...
well, you can't deny that they ruined enough established characters, favorite or not. I think that's the main problem.
Change in a character is good, but half of them having a sex-change is ridiculous.

Quote:
If you can only be flexible abit but it's not in the nature of The Dinosaurs, you can't teach a dinosaur new tricks...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #18
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

If you can only be flexible abit but it's not in the nature of The Dinosaurs, you can't teach a dinosaur new tricks... I'm glad, i'm not a dinosaur and i will probably reduce my superhero comics buyings to just Batman in the near future. It's not like Batman is so good, it's just that Batman is a childhood favorite, as you can see there is some dinosaurness in me too but very little and i'm grateful for that. I'm grateful that there is a comics outside of superheroes and manga to turn to for actually good stories and i'm flexible enough to read them.
...Dinosaurs. lol. I have no issue being "flexible" when they want to mix things up a little, but when you flat out replace or change a character for apparently no other reason than to pander to the general audience, then yeah...call me a dinosaur.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #19
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
well, you can't deny that they ruined enough established characters, favorite or not. I think that's the main problem.
Change in a character is good, but half of them having a sex-change is ridiculous.

I don't give a crap. If all of them had an orgy at a last panel in generations to break the internet or something, i would only laugh at the last panel and the people outraged with it

Superhero comics don't worth to give crap about.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #20
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
...Dinosaurs. lol. I have no issue being "flexible" when they want to mix things up a little, but when you flat out replace or change a character for apparently no other reason than to pander to the general audience, then yeah...call me a dinosaur.
You get me wrong about being flexible. I don't say be flexible and like female versions. I just say don't give crap about it and be flexible to read what is outside of superhero comics and manga.

And i called you Dinosaurs cause WKTF called himself a dinosaur. I mean no disrespect with the generalisation.