Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

What if Sideshow included videos instead of just pics?

I just had a brain epiphany (otherwise known as an insightful brain fart).

What if Sideshow included some videos for their products on their website in addition to the product images? I know that when I have interest in something I try and find some videos online about it but if Sideshow offers their own as part of the advertisement, it could offer sway or promotional incentive to the collectors and in some way control more of what we see. 3rd party videos include biases and frankly some Blair Witch video editing and it would be nice for some professional videoing.

What do you guys think?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I just had a brain epiphany (otherwise known as an insightful brain fart).

What if Sideshow included some videos for their products on their website in addition to the product images? I know that when I have interest in something I try and find some videos online about it but if Sideshow offers their own as part of the advertisement, it could offer sway or promotional incentive to the collectors and in some way control more of what we see. 3rd party videos include biases and frankly some Blair Witch video editing and it would be nice for some professional videoing.

What do you guys think?
They do product videos quite bit actually. Not review type videos but product videos.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
They do product videos quite bit actually. Not review type videos but product videos.
This is true for a select number of pieces which have their attention but I don't think for the majority. I'm only bringing this up because I was looking at several pieces but had to resort to Youtube for the videos even if they were created by Sideshow for the product. And these would have to be after release or video from a show.

And another recommendation I would have is move video out of the picture list because on a mobile device it makes it difficult to scroll through pictures when the first thing is a video.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I believe a large number of the statues get unboxing videos
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This is true for a select number of pieces which have their attention but I don't think for the majority. I'm only bringing this up because I was looking at several pieces but had to resort to Youtube for the videos even if they were created by Sideshow for the product. And these would have to be after release or video from a show.

And another recommendation I would have is move video out of the picture list because on a mobile device it makes it difficult to scroll through pictures when the first thing is a video.
That I agree with, it's pain in the ass on mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
I believe a large number of the statues get unboxing videos
Pretty much all of them do now, which is nice. The Unboxing videos are great to see how it gets put together in case of confusion and gives you a good look at the statue under semi-normal lighting.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

Why not both rather than instead?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 AM   #7
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

The issue here is they need to show everyone production pictures of statues and NOT IN HOUSE painted statues that have a paint app that is excellent and never replicated by Chinese factory workers.

Plain and simple. If you want to have your people paint the statues you take promotion pictures of then start raising QC with some of the factories that produce lousy paint app on production pieces.

Prices go UP AND UP AND UP yet Quality Control isn't.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #8
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
The issue here is they need to show everyone production pictures of statues and NOT IN HOUSE painted statues that have a paint app that is excellent and never replicated by Chinese factory workers.

Plain and simple. If you want to have your people paint the statues you take promotion pictures of then start raising QC with some of the factories that produce lousy paint app on production pieces.

Prices go UP AND UP AND UP yet Quality Control isn't.
errr, once the production copy is delivered to SS, they usually put up the unboxing video and i believe they also replace the images on the site listing with the ones from the production copy, so im not sure what you're on about here.

im not sure how you expect them to put up production pictures if they haven't received a production sample yet, unless you only want to see pictures of the statue once a production copy is delivered in which case you'd be making a PO blind.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:30 AM   #9
Indomitus

Even though videos are available for some pieces there are those that don't (especially items that are not Sideshow's like P1) and this is very important. I like pictures but I like videos more. Unboxings and showcases are enough as I don't expect them to review the stuff they sell other than to tell us it's great.