Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #11
tonytiger
The X-Men

Better quality product is never talked about here if it will raise the costs, this is

Really i see it all the time..We want statues not action figures..Don't give a rats butt about breakage get better packaging, better Quality control at your factory's..Not my problem, if other company's can do it sideshow can too.This is a Hobby and i don't have to buy these, like food... unless its
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I just want to know if the boxes are made of recycled materials.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #13
Speakeasy69
Doh!

Honestly I love Sideshow but lately they care more about money then the quality of their products.. Their new Stormtrooper PFF is a complete joke. The armor is atrocious and looks like it was put in the dryer on high and the scope is reversed on the E-11 which I can't unsee now every time I look at it and then they try to justify it by saying that if a Stormtrooper in ANH stood in the same pose the armor would look the same as the figure. Really Sideshow?? And the sad part is I guarantee you the figure is going to be around $550..

Sideshow needs to start treating/creating all their collectibles like Swamp Thing and Batwoman or else they're going to become nothing but a distributor. Hot Toys is killing 1/6th scale, XM is doing great things with 1/4th and Prime 1 owns 1/3rd & half scale market
Speakeasy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yes.

#nuffsaid
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

yes
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:13 AM   #16
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yes, at least that way people can determine if it is worth it or not. I don't mind if they use pvc or polystone but I would love to know what I'm buying first.

Companies now are trying to charge more and more for pvc.
I saw a 1/6 scale figure made entirely out of pvc and they are charging $299 for it. Sadly, I think that will become the norm. But everything is slowly getting out of hand. I have to be super wise what I want to pre-order nowadays.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:23 AM   #17
SAB380
The X-Men

Don't have a problem with PVC and whatever other materials Sideshow wish to use. Doesn't affect my buying decision.
Look of final product is what's important to me.
However 100% yes they should state what the product will be made of. Shouldn't even be a question and it's unacceptable the information isn't there at preorder time/
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #18
built2shred
Phoenix

SS doesn't tell you because they don't want you to know. They know that PVC has a "Cheapness" associated with it and don't want to advertise when they use it.

There's really no excuse for PVC except to try and cut costs on their end to improve profits, as we all know were not seeing lower prices on the buyers side of things.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #19
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I would prefer Sideshow include materials used for the sculpts. They could always put disclaimers such as subject to change but at least they could get some customer feedback or clarity of confusion. Besides, people get feedback anyways from those early buyers blazing the trails.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #20
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I definitely would love it if they made it clear what material they are going to use for pieces as it definitely does affect whether or not I'm going to pick one up; it makes it an easy "NO" instead of a "YES" or "MAYBE", for me.

With both the Dark Phoenix and the Captain Marvel PFs from last year, I had gone to the "Ask Sideshow" thread and they came back affirmative that the pieces would be cast in resin but that some accessories may be PVC. I was good with that and ordered both pieces but I was initially worried that, due to their poses, they'd be 100% PVC. It is just a personal preference for me that pieces are cast with a certain material as I like the feel better but that does not prevent me from picking up Blitzway pieces (where the headsculpts may be PVC); I would simply rather know what I'm going to get prior to the piece arriving (or I'd feel disappointed).

So...I am all for not having to keep asking Sideshow and I'd prefer if that information was on the product page directly (as it has been at least once in the past - I think they included that information on the Christopher Reeve Superman order page after they decided to do that piece in PVC instead of resin).
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote