Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-23-2021, 05:08 AM   #81
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
In my opinion ARH had a brief moment where the sun shown very brightly. When they brought Ehren to the ARH team, and obtained the Frazetta license, they were suddenly in the spotlight. The pieces produced in that brief window were exceptional. But the window for the Frazetta license was small and too many Frazetta pieces had to be produced at the same time. I think many Frazetta collectors had to pick their favorite/s versus if they had been released individually over time. Collectors basically had to buy all the Frazetta pieces at the same time... too much all at once. Add to that some great original ARH works. The ARH customer base did not have the time to grow organically for that much product at once. Ehren's work really shined... very brightly, catching Blizzard's attention. His departure left a gaping hole in the ARH art direction. Too many eggs were in the Frazetta license basket. When sales did not meet expectations it basically took ARH down. It's sad that led to their demise. I will always be grateful for the ARH Frazetta release. I never imagined I could get Death Dealer and Barbarian in 1/4 scale. They will forever remain centerpieces in my collection.
100% agreed, the Deathdealer and Barbarian in 1/4 scale is grail, even though I hate the paint job on my Barbarian.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:35 PM   #82
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I think I ended with 5 statues from ARH. Ironically Sha-ryn, with that whole debacle, is still one of my favorites.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:01 PM   #83
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I think I ended with 5 statues from ARH. Ironically Sha-ryn, with that whole debacle, is still one of my favorites.
I currently have 17 and they get the most questions and comments when people see my collection for the first time.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #84
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I only have the one, and it’s hardly worth mentioning. The 1/6 Minotaur they did way back. First it got lost, then it showed up broken. Box was pristine so guessing the packaging wasn’t sorted right. eBay deal so buyer gave partial refund. Already re-attached and will paint it up at some point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F1901D9-1472-47F3-BAC4-9154245B9174.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	140823
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:19 PM   #85
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
100% agreed, the Deathdealer and Barbarian in 1/4 scale is grail, even though I hate the paint job on my Barbarian.
Agreed, the factory paint on Barbarian was not good. The factory paint was too flat. Thankfully I had the opportunity to get mine pro-painted. Made a huge difference.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #86
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I own 3 Arh statues. Medusa Rattle version, Cleopatra and 1:3 Arkhalla Seduction statues. Think he produced some great looking statues though Cleo was not my favorite.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #87
Asgard
Deadman

I own 4 Arh statues
- 1/4 Twin Mermaids
- 1/3 Arkhalla Hell's Fire
- 1/3 Arhian Forever
- 1/4 Arkhalla Fight

I was very angry about the Arkhalla Fight. This is absolutely not the same as the prototype presented. Neither in the sculpt (skirt) nor in the painting. I already felt betrayed.
And the pictures of the prototype are still used for advertising. There is no photo of the retail version on the ARH homepage.
I also wrote to ARH but never received an answer.

That's not how you treat your customers
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:33 AM   #88
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I own 4 Arh statues
- 1/4 Twin Mermaids
- 1/3 Arkhalla Hell's Fire
- 1/3 Arhian Forever
- 1/4 Arkhalla Fight

I was very angry about the Arkhalla Fight. This is absolutely not the same as the prototype presented. Neither in the sculpt (skirt) nor in the painting. I already felt betrayed.
And the pictures of the prototype are still used for advertising. There is no photo of the retail version on the ARH homepage.
I also wrote to ARH but never received an answer.

That's not how you treat your customers
I totally understand how you feel about Arkhalla Fight. First version of the Valkyrie was not the same as was posted. 2nd one sent was a lot better. Then they made another one "SKARAH The Valkyrie"

I have 5 pieces from them:
Valkyrie Norse Goddess AP
Arhian The Head Huntress
Arhian City of Horrors Ex
Arhian 1/2 Scale Bust
Medusa Victorious With Legs Ex

I have had them boxed up for years, gonna try and sell off all but Valkyrie and Medusa i think.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:32 AM   #89
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
Agreed, the factory paint on Barbarian was not good. The factory paint was too flat. Thankfully I had the opportunity to get mine pro-painted. Made a huge difference.
There has been a couple of propaints I have seen out there, John Allred showing us what’s possible with his paintup of your Barbarian, I have also seen Saul and Hannah doing incredible paintwork with their versions, that’s whyI will always be greatful that ARH produced these Frazetta pcs, I see their potential instead of the prepaint shortcomings.
Old 07-06-2021, 04:35 AM   #90
warhead

Forgot to mention Jim Capones version.