Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-27-2022, 02:32 AM   #301
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
XM Studios News

"We are excited to present our next 1:4 scale MARVEL Premium Collectibles series statue, Magneto (Dawn of X). This is the first release in an upcoming new line featuring more characters from the Dawn of X comics series. Stay tuned for the full reveal COMING SOON!"

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Not a single thing about this is “Dawn of X”
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:34 AM   #302
pau123
Sailor Moon

Yeaaa.... more Magneto
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:07 AM   #303
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Magneto (Dawn Of X) will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 28th September 2022 at 6p.m (SGT) at www.xm-studios.com! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 scale MARVEL Premium Collectibles series statue, Magneto (Dawn of X). This is the first release in an upcoming new line featuring more characters from the Dawn of X comics series. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM?s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

The scene for this statue takes place after the events of House of X/Powers of X, in which a united Professor Xavier and Magneto would create a home for their people on the island nation of Krakoa. Here, the Master of Magnetism is seen standing within a crushed Sentinel base amidst dense foliage with a pensive look upon his face as he cradles a flower of Krakoa within a Sentinel eyeball using his powers.

Each of these flowers harnesses a pharmaceutical power unique to its makeup, providing the mutants with the leverage they need to hold humanity in their thrall. While organically produced, the mutants are responsible for distribution. Only nations that recognise Krakoa?s sovereignty would be able to legally trade and receive them. Magneto?s only priority has been the preservation of the mutant race. And as the formation of a mutant nation-state is now realised, Magneto uses his powers to step upwards and out of the wreckage. Mutantkind, all of it, is now committed to a single vision.

The XM Team wanted to accommodate collectors who would like to feature Magneto either with or without his helmet, and so this release comes with head switch-outs featuring Magneto with two portraits. It also comes with four right arm switch-outs, one featuring Magneto with a balled fist, another featuring him reaching out for an off-screen display of his powers, the third with Magneto holding on to his helmet and the last featuring him using his powers to cradle a flower of Krakoa within a Sentinel eyeball. Collectors can also look forward to a companion piece featuring Professor X soon."

XM Studios Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:08 AM   #304
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Magneto (Dawn Of X) will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 28th September 2022 at 6p.m (SGT) at www.xm-studios.com! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 scale MARVEL Premium Collectibles series statue, Magneto (Dawn of X). This is the first release in an upcoming new line featuring more characters from the Dawn of X comics series. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

The scene for this statue takes place after the events of House of X/Powers of X, in which a united Professor Xavier and Magneto would create a home for their people on the island nation of Krakoa. Here, the Master of Magnetism is seen standing within a crushed Sentinel base amidst dense foliage with a pensive look upon his face as he cradles a flower of Krakoa within a Sentinel eyeball using his powers.

Each of these flowers harnesses a pharmaceutical power unique to its makeup, providing the mutants with the leverage they need to hold humanity in their thrall. While organically produced, the mutants are responsible for distribution. Only nations that recognise Krakoa’s sovereignty would be able to legally trade and receive them. Magneto’s only priority has been the preservation of the mutant race. And as the formation of a mutant nation-state is now realised, Magneto uses his powers to step upwards and out of the wreckage. Mutantkind, all of it, is now committed to a single vision.

The XM Team wanted to accommodate collectors who would like to feature Magneto either with or without his helmet, and so this release comes with head switch-outs featuring Magneto with two portraits. It also comes with four right arm switch-outs, one featuring Magneto with a balled fist, another featuring him reaching out for an off-screen display of his powers, the third with Magneto holding on to his helmet and the last featuring him using his powers to cradle a flower of Krakoa within a Sentinel eyeball. Collectors can also look forward to a companion piece featuring Professor X soon."

XM Studios Facebook

Old 09-27-2022, 06:08 AM   #305
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 scale MARVEL Premium Collectibles series statue, Magneto (Dawn of X). This is the first release in an upcoming new line featuring more characters from the Dawn of X comics series. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Each of these flowers harnesses a pharmaceutical power unique to its makeup, providing the mutants with the leverage they need to hold humanity in their thrall. While organically produced, the mutants are responsible for distribution. Only nations that recognise Krakoa’s sovereignty would be able to legally trade and receive them. Magneto’s only priority has been the preservation of the mutant race. And as the formation of a mutant nation-state is now realised, Magneto uses his powers to step upwards and out of the wreckage. Mutantkind, all of it, is now committed to a single vision.

XM Studios Facebook

Old 09-27-2022, 08:21 AM   #306
darren1228
Zot

There is a lot to like with this Magneto but there are a lot of things holding it back as well. I can't completely put my thoughts into words but it feels like this statue can't make up its mind what it wants to convey and we get a statue that is stuck somewhere in the middle. I think it would've looked a lot more powerful if Magneto was firmly planted on the base. As it is he's carrying around his helmet or a flower while strolling through a sentinel head and I don't know what that means. Also not too sure with his expression on the helmetless portrait. Is he smiling? Smirking? Again not sure what the piece wants to tell us.

I do like his costume and I like a strong buffy Magneto as well. Just wish I liked the pose better.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #307
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The issue is that XM doesn't know what they want this statue to be doing either. His body position is still not great. The sentinel really does not fit at all with Dawn of X, so slapping a flower of Krakoa on here is just the only way they could connect the themes. I will say that floating flower is well done.

My biggest issue is that again they clearly have ever read the comics or even opened the books because Magneto wears white in those series.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:03 AM   #308
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

His arm is as big as his leg. It makes his head look very small. Just an odd silhouette
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #309
SONICobra
Batman

i like the crest on the helmet... and thats about it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #310
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The issue is that XM doesn't know what they want this statue to be doing either. His body position is still not great. The sentinel really does not fit at all with Dawn of X, so slapping a flower of Krakoa on here is just the only way they could connect the themes. I will say that floating flower is well done.

My biggest issue is that again they clearly have ever read the comics or even opened the books because Magneto wears white in those series.
I was going to say why is his costume Red when in Hickmans X-Men his suit is white? Did I miss something.

Also, I can't believe XM Made Magneto this friggin jacked and thought it was fine to release him like that.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote