Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #261
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
There has been quite a spike in listings for the original rogue pf. Seems people are trying to dump her before this one starts grabbing people's attention. I feel like whatever value the old one held is gonna absolutely go down the drain when the maquette goes up for order.

I looked up the last 2 that sold on ebay. Both were exclusive. The one that sold before this rogue was announced went for 1400CAD. The most recent one went for half that. The guy that sold his on the 29th of June dodged a bullet. lol
Geez. No wonder sideshow decide to put Rogue on Maquette pricing.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #262
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It's amazing to me the hate people have for the first Rogue. I understand the googly eye issue which plagued this piece but is it any worse then the paint cracking on the first Psylocke? I actually think that is worse. I have my exclusive and love it. Having said that mine had good eyes and I don't care for the regular head as much as the exclusive. I think the new one looks great but it in no way diminishes my love of the first.
It feels like when a new piece comes out it often means people slag on the original which makes no sense to me.
It seems to happen so much. Again I understand the eye issue but it's still a great piece despite that.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #263
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
It's amazing to me the hate people have for the first Rogue. I understand the googly eye issue which plagued this piece but is it any worse then the paint cracking on the first Psylocke? I actually think that is worse. I have my exclusive and love it. Having said that mine had good eyes and I don't care for the regular head as much as the exclusive. I think the new one looks great but it in no way diminishes my love of the first.
It feels like when a new piece comes out it often means people slag on the original which makes no sense to me.
It seems to happen so much. Again I understand the eye issue but it's still a great piece despite that.
Usually with newer statues you get sculpts that are more detailed and portraits that are a bit more realistic. Technology advances forward giving sculptors better tools...

That said new statues don't always get high praise over the older ones, take the new Batman PF for example, not many are praising that one...

The one thing I really dislike about SS older X-Men statues was the X base, it stands out like a soar thumb when you put it next to a X-Men statue that has an environmental base.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #264
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Dude people have been "slagging" on the original Rogue since the day the first in-hand pics came out. It has nothing to do with the new one being previewed.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #265
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Yeah the first Rogue PF was not well received when it finally released. It was one of the pieces that brought down Sideshow a notch in my eyes and came out during Sideshow troubled QC period.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #266
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am hoping this beauty will have her full reveal this week.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #267
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I’m really struggling to find space for pieces and boxes.
I've been storing mine in my warehouse, and even that is not a great solution. The 70+ boxes currently take up three pallet spaces measuring 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.2m each.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #268
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I am hoping this beauty will have her full reveal this week.
Me too. But, I have a feeling the earliest we will see her and Psylocke will be preview night of SDCC.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #269
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Dude people have been "slagging" on the original Rogue since the day the first in-hand pics came out. It has nothing to do with the new one being previewed.
I do agree that their were complaints when it was released and that the googly eye issue was legitimate. Having said that I think there are often complaints about first issue pieces when a new one comes out that don't make a lot of sense to me. Obviously I'm influenced by my piece not having the googly eye issue but if you didn't have that problem then the first Rogue is really nice! I have it on my shelf next to Gambit and I think it's awesome.
I think we sometimes forget how great an actual sculpt is when it's really the paint application that is the problem.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #270
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Usually with newer statues you get sculpts that are more detailed and portraits that are a bit more realistic. Technology advances forward giving sculptors better tools...

That said new statues don't always get high praise over the older ones, take the new Batman PF for example, not many are praising that one...

The one thing I really dislike about SS older X-Men statues was the X base, it stands out like a soar thumb when you put it next to a X-Men statue that has an environmental base.
I agree with your points but I do think more often than not first runs get the short end of the stick. Obviously it is sometimes deserved as you say when technology improves. I just feel in this case the first Rogue is a really nice piece.