Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #2291
Jibber82
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
It looks so complex. My brain can't even register. Is that Magneto?
Lol. I think SS is making it up as they go...
Jibber82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #2292
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
that was funny. they really tried to dance around it, lol.

maquette means nothing more than "you need to pay more".
I don’t think they danced around it, they said the sculpt is 26 inches and the base had a lot of intriquite work and that’s why it’s more money than Wolverine. The base did have a ton of detail after seeing it from a 360 degree point of view. A lot more than most sideshow bases typically have
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #2293
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Is the "more detail" on Magento's base versus Wolverine's that they bent it and made it look like Magneto was melting the Sentinel? Because Wolverine's base is pretty detailed and he is a basic PF.

So SS tweaked the piece, changed the base to be (IMO) worse, and charged $200 more?!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #2294
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I just heard about this answer of what makes a maquette. Gotta say that is not a good answer. I've been defending SS up and down about this Maquette title. The explanation I heard before was that it was generally used when no real scale was/could be used. That made sense to me. But to say a maquette is a more complicated sculpt... well that rubs me the wrong way. Because then it does seem like an excuse to charge more. We as the consumer don't know how much work goes into each statue. What is the threshold in which a PF turns into a Maquette? Once it hits 100 man hours? Furthermore, does this mean LESS work goes into a PF? I would expect SS to shoot for perfection with every release. I'm confused.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #2295
Jibber82
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don’t think they danced around it, they said the sculpt is 26 inches and the base had a lot of intriquite work and that’s why it’s more money than Wolverine. The base did have a ton of detail after seeing it from a 360 degree point of view. A lot more than most sideshow bases typically have
With that logic the Deadpool Heat-Seeker PF should have also been a Maquette. Wasn't their reasoning for it being $700 also because the sculpt was complex?
Jibber82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #2296
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That is the exact logic they used - "complex". Yea, not buying that reasoning.

Deadpool is an amazing piece. The base is soooo cool. Let alone the engineering that had to go into the missile and such.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #2297
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber82 View Post
With that logic the Deadpool Heat-Seeker PF should have also been a Maquette. Wasn't their reasoning for it being $700 also because the sculpt was complex?
They said Deadpool was going to be called a maquette and for whatever reason it wasn’t. I personally didn’t think Deadpool should have cost $700. If you compare Deadpool’s base to Magneto, there is no comparison. Magnetos is tremendous compared to it, with a ton more detail. Deadpool just has a tiny explosion. Don’t get me wrong, the statue is great but the price for that, should have been what wolverine cost in my opinion
Old 01-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #2298
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I wish I had an insurance policy to sell you. I could make anything up and you'd buy it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #2299
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I wish I had an insurance policy to sell you. I could make anything up and you'd buy it.
Lol I think it’s a nice piece. If Deadpool and Bane are $700, I don’t see why this Magneto can’t be. People are upset over $50 more. The days of pieces being $400-$500 are pretty much over. I’ve accepted it.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:50 PM   #2300
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
They said Deadpool was going to be called a maquette and for whatever reason it wasn’t. I personally didn’t think Deadpool should have cost $700. If you compare Deadpool’s base to Magneto, there is no comparison. Magnetos is tremendous compared to it, with a ton more detail. Deadpool just has a tiny explosion. Don’t get me wrong, the statue is great but the price for that, should have been what wolverine cost in my opinion
Dude. You don't have to justify your purchase to us. You're drinking SS' Reasoning KoolAid on this. It's OK - just pay them the $750. No matter what you say, you won't convince us that they aren't making a cash grab. You love the piece, buy it.