Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #2781
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Exactly. And the people that really want a Magneto are either:
a) stuck buying this piece they don't love
b) buy the XM white which while an amazing sculpt, many people don't want a white Magneto
c) spend thousands on the XM throne or a custom or
d) wait another 10 years for Sideshow to do a new one and hope they get it right

But, hey for the people that like it, it's always got to be some bull---- comment toward the people that don't that goes something like this:

"Herpee durp derrr dur, if you don't like it, don't buy it."

Thanks for that gem of wisdom.
I'm not waiting 10 years! This year I explored the private customs market and hit the jackpot! Especially with Mags!...I'm still buying a lot of statues from Sideshow, but I had to explore my options with Mags...
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #2782
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermackin View Post
Hahah I dident mean it like that I just ment that sideshow is a company that makes a product that you don’t have to buy and you can hate it all you want my comment was to the crazy people who think they should make statues just for them and if it’s not what they like well it’s wrong and there going to boycott sideshow,complain about the product all you want,I’m with that , but just don’t be a entitled baby about it is all
It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want too.
You would cry too if mediocre interpretations happened to you.
A collectors standards, especially with prices and issues these days, are important. I don’t think anyone is shedding tears but plenty of are fed up. You don’t have to read every comment and you don’t have to reply to them as well. So please stop being a baby
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #2783
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Browsing threads, browsing threads... then got to this one...

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #2784
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Exactly. And the people that really want a Magneto are either:
a) stuck buying this piece they don't love
b) buy the XM white which while an amazing sculpt, many people don't want a white Magneto
c) spend thousands on the XM throne or a custom or
d) wait another 10 years for Sideshow to do a new one and hope they get it right

But, hey for the people that like it, it's always got to be some bull---- comment toward the people that don't that goes something like this:

"Herpee durp derrr dur, if you don't like it, don't buy it."

Thanks for that gem of wisdom.

Spot on Northern. If sideshow expects me to spend $750 for a 1/4 scale Magneto, then I expect him to look like the classic Magneto I grew up reading in the comics. I have ZERO connection to most of these made up sideshowified pieces and will not spend money on most of them. As you said, now classic fans have to wait who knows how many years for sideshow to release a classic Mags PF (and that's if they do).

Combine sideshow not giving classic fan's what they want with the fact that no other competitors can release 1/4 classic Marvel or DC statues here in North America without sideshow's permission.....you get fan's frustrations to a boiling point. It's not as easy as "if you don't like it, don't buy it".
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #2785
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
It really is as easy as that , no one owes you guys a classic mag ,they payed for that marvel 1/4 license they can do what they want with it.i guess sideshow will have to miss out on your 750 I’m sure they will be fine
I have no problem with sideshow doing whatever they want with their Marvel or DC products. What I have a problem with is their lockdown on the North American market. Let competitors sell the classic 1/4 pieces they refuse to make and I'll have no issues. Don't forget sideshow built their entire businesses on classic Marvel and DC PFs. Now collectors who spent thousands of dollars over the years on their classic products are getting shafted with incomplete lineups because they now insist on sideshowified versions of these characters. It's not as simple as you make it out to be. You're just another Johnny come lately with no skin in he game.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #2786
aa909
The Green Hornet

Cracks me up that people who don’t like this statue spend soooooooooo much time commenting on this thread.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #2787
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Hahaa I’ve already spent thousands sir ,what you don’t like is how businesses works.you can call me what ever you want the fact is that they don’t need to cater to you or anyone else who insists on just classic interpretation
Of a statue. Get over yourself the world does not revolve around you.just because you have spent money on there product does not mean they have to make you happy. And just because I started collecting fairly recent doesn’t mean Anything man it’s not a secret society I can spend just as much money as anyone else. Yours truly Johnny come lately
Whatever you say Johnny. Who am I to argue with all of your business knowledge?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:39 PM   #2788
fsdre
Mephisto

Made the decision to PO this magneto, need this with all the X-men coming out
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 AM   #2789
Peedi
The Secret Six

I still need to PO this. No rush. I don’t need all the X-Men coming out but I need this one. I PO’d Miles. This is next. All I can see going forward is a big maybe for Juggernaut and Rogue depends on the face and how much they twist her costume. Curious about Psylocke and X-23 but I doubt I’m getting them at $600. Probably keeping my old Psylocke PF.

Although if ss wanted to surprise us with Jubilee or Nightcrawler and a new Storm, Gambit or Silver Surfer, I'd dig that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:59 AM   #2790
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'm wondering why the Wolverine is available before Magneto? At SDCC 2017, I saw Magneto already painted up, and Wolvy still being worked on? Was there something I missed? Was Mags modified or something?
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote