Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-14-2017, 05:08 PM   #731
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The only museum style pose statue in that pic is Captain America so he does look a little out of place.
I guess you and I have different meanings of museum and dynamic lol. Venom and Cyclops are museum posed to ME - in the sense that they are still. Compared to something Dynamic like the SS Spiderman PF which depicts actual movement.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #732
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I guess you and I have different meanings of museum and dynamic lol. Venom and Cyclops are museum posed to ME - in the sense that they are still. Compared to something Dynamic like the SS Spiderman PF which depicts actual movement.
I guess I see Cyclops in the action of firing his optic blasts. He's not kicking a leg up into the air or throwing a punch, but he's not just standing there either. There is a sense of intensity and movement going on because his hair is flying everywhere from the blast. Venom is more of a static pose due to him crouching, but he doesn't pair well with either of the other two statues regardless.

If you don't want the statue in your collection, then you don't want the statue in your collection. If those are the statues you're pairing him with, then you're right--he doesn't fit in. I don't think those three statues go together at all.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #733
Gecktechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I guess I see Cyclops in the action of firing his optic blasts. He's not kicking a leg up into the air or throwing a punch, but he's not just standing there either. There is a sense of intensity and movement going on because his hair is flying everywhere from the blast. Venom is more of a static pose due to him crouching, but he doesn't pair well with either of the other two statues regardless.

If you don't want the statue in your collection, then you don't want the statue in your collection. If those are the statues you're pairing him with, then you're right--he doesn't fit in. I don't think those three statues go together at all.
To each his own buddy. I like Choclate Peanutbutter icecream and I think they look sick together Great point about Cyclops tho. I see what you mean but IMO, hes still a Museum posed statue. Regardless if he's firing an Optic Blast, he's still literally - JUST STANDING THERE. Having his hair blow in the wind isn't enough in MY book to call him dynamic lol.. Not like the Venom or Spidey PF where they're on one hand evading an explosion
Old 03-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #734
Gecktechs

ANYWAY, XM's Captain America is awesome. Congrats to all that got him! Very iconic and powerful pose - The base is actually reeeaalllyyyyyy sick in person too. Looks like actual Bronze or something
Old 03-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #735
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

For me he is more then just standing there. Look at this detail in his face:

I will put him on display without helmet:

And in this combo he fits nicely into a diorama with his buddies:

For me he is a cherry on the icecream
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #736
Gecktechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post

For me he is a cherry on the icecream
Haha DAMNN - Love your display dude. Cap and the IM Com look EXCELLENT together. May have to pick that up! Sick pics!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #737
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from BigBangToyz

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #738
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 03-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #739
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 03-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #740
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I currently own both (The new XM & the OG SS) - I'm selling XM's lol.. Don't get me wrong, it's a great statue. Everything about it SCREAMS quality - it's very well made. XM executed the statue perfectly, and they corrected what needed to be fixed (the salute) - but IMO, it's only nice as a stand alone piece. OR if it was displayed next to other pieces in the same museum pose and matching monumental bases. It's funny because I don't like dynamic pieces. I prefer museum posed statues but XM's Cap is TOOOOO "Museum-esq" Probablly the first statue you'd see if you walked into a Marvel Museum. XM's just doesn't fit well with the rest of my museum style collection and it feels really out of place. Look at the pic.. XM's would stick out like a sore thumb.. Just doesn't fit. :P

The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that crapping on the toilet posed Venom. In fact, that SS Cap IMO doesn't work well with either of the other two statues. JMO.

Different strokes for different folks. BTW, I like chocolate peanut butter ice cream as well. Delicious!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote