Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-15-2024, 02:57 PM   #241
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I didn't know that. Then there is hope for a better statue of Vampirella.
If you want a throne one get the p1 imo, it looks ok on the sculpt but it would have to be painted to that caliber to look that good which is the tougher bit.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:55 AM   #242
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

The one thing I don't like is that its $100 more for this on Sideshow collectibles and doesn't have the extra swap-out heads. And if you buy from PCS its 100 less and comes with the swap-out heads. Not sure what exactly they was thinking pay more get less?
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 02:26 AM   #243
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006chaos View Post
The one thing I don't like is that its $100 more for this on Sideshow collectibles and doesn't have the extra swap-out heads. And if you buy from PCS its 100 less and comes with the swap-out heads. Not sure what exactly they was thinking pay more get less?
It's a business strategy from PCS, hey it's cheaper and better to just order from us directly.
The positives with sideshow is that you can collect points from buying a wider variety of things and so on.
If you only collect PCS statues, its pretty obvious you should order from them directly.
I think the higher price on sideshow is a descision from PCS, not a Sideshow mark up

Just my two cents
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 02:54 AM   #244
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
It's a business strategy from PCS, hey it's cheaper and better to just order from us directly.
The positives with sideshow is that you can collect points from buying a wider variety of things and so on.
If you only collect PCS statues, its pretty obvious you should order from them directly.
I think the higher price on sideshow is a descision from PCS, not a Sideshow mark up

Just my two cents
Yes. PCS wants to recover some of their lost to having a middleman...

I'd be very wary of PCS direct. WHOLE lotta POs...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 03:13 AM   #245
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

It's $130 cheaper at PCS during their "early pre-order window", however long that lasts.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 04:41 AM   #246
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

If that type of Business strategy will workout for them both then they will be lucky in my opinion but,

For me it just makes me not want to buy the statue period with that type of extreme difference between them and having to deal with a company that in my perspective is barely starting to sell directly to the customer.

They should have just offered artwork with the Sideshow version versus the swap-out heads. But instead they pulled the pay more get nothing worth it and be happy about it trick.

Not sure if that is Sideshow collectibles idea or PCS but that type of business practices is very lame in my opinion.

It's also a very expensive 1/4 statue already and not very interesting enough for the price out treatment.

That is the main reason why I passed on this statue.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:35 AM   #247
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
If that type of Business strategy will workout for them both then they will be lucky in my opinion but,

For me it just makes me not want to buy the statue period with that type of extreme difference between them and having to deal with a company that in my perspective is barely starting to sell directly to the customer.

They should have just offered artwork with the Sideshow version versus the swap-out heads. But instead they pulled the pay more get nothing worth it and be happy about it trick.

Not sure if that is Sideshow collectibles idea or PCS but that type of business practices is very lame in my opinion.

It's also a very expensive 1/4 statue already and not very interesting enough for the price out treatment.

That is the main reason why I passed on this statue.
The reason they offer the discount is because when they sell direct they save money. Vendors take a cut, and SS will take an even heavier cut cause they have wider reach. You buy direct they pass some of the savings on to you.
Old 04-06-2024, 10:36 AM   #248
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The reason they offer the discount is because when they sell direct they save money. Vendors take a cut, and SS will take an even heavier cut cause they have wider reach. You buy direct they pass some of the savings on to you.
Exactly. It is like when some companies offer you some type of discount if you pay them via cash/check vs. a credit card. They don't have to pay the credit card fees so the retailer is ok giving you a portion of those savings.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:11 AM   #249
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The main thing is the extreme of the mark up and minus the swap-out heads for SS they don't even offer you the bonus swap-out heads on SS.

I'm not even adding the other bonus stuff from PCS like the silver coin thing and the red ticket thing they do. That is something that should be there main exclusive for PCS direct buyers.

But I have seen recently plenty of PCS statues that only had small mark ups on SS and was cheaper if you purchased direct from PCS but they offered there other versions for purchase on SS.

It just feels like I will have to have a missing part and as the customer I'm punished for not buying it direct from PCS.

That type of business strategy is why I passed on there Lady Death on throne and there Dejah Thoris on throne. 3 versions and the complete statues was only available for direct buy from PCS only.

Some people don't want to start up a new account just for 1 or 3 different statues just to get the complete statue options. For me I don't care about the red ticket stuff or silver coin thing.

The other company I hate it that does this is when Prime 1 does major bonus parts that are not offer outside of direct buyers but they mostly just have a little bonus that is usually nothing that is a big deal to miss out on.

As a collector I would rather have it to where they just not offer a stripped down version of the statue on SS or other vendors if they are going to do that type of thing. And just keep the Editions very limited and not do 2 or 3 versions of the statues.

Like XM Studios they just sell there statues and there vendors are getting the complete statue options you just miss out on there loyalty credit system if you don't buy direct from them.
Old 04-07-2024, 12:46 AM   #250
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
The main thing is the extreme of the mark up and minus the swap-out heads for SS they don't even offer you the bonus swap-out heads on SS.

I'm not even adding the other bonus stuff from PCS like the silver coin thing and the red ticket thing they do. That is something that should be there main exclusive for PCS direct buyers.

But I have seen recently plenty of PCS statues that only had small mark ups on SS and was cheaper if you purchased direct from PCS but they offered there other versions for purchase on SS.

It just feels like I will have to have a missing part and as the customer I'm punished for not buying it direct from PCS.

That type of business strategy is why I passed on there Lady Death on throne and there Dejah Thoris on throne. 3 versions and the complete statues was only available for direct buy from PCS only.

Some people don't want to start up a new account just for 1 or 3 different statues just to get the complete statue options. For me I don't care about the red ticket stuff or silver coin thing.

The other company I hate it that does this is when Prime 1 does major bonus parts that are not offer outside of direct buyers but they mostly just have a little bonus that is usually nothing that is a big deal to miss out on.

As a collector I would rather have it to where they just not offer a stripped down version of the statue on SS or other vendors if they are going to do that type of thing. And just keep the Editions very limited and not do 2 or 3 versions of the statues.

Like XM Studios they just sell there statues and there vendors are getting the complete statue options you just miss out on there loyalty credit system if you don't buy direct from them.
The reason you don't want to buy is because you don't want to start up a new account?.... It takes like 10 seconds to make an account. If you don't want to buy from them don't buy, but every retailer does stuff to incentivize. Sideshow pieces also have exclusives, in fact they are the ones who probably invented exclusives for the statue industry :P XM studios also offers prestige members 10% off the retail price......

Also PCS statues didn't have any markup with SS, except for the $5 that SS adds to everything, but they had an exclusivity deal with SS because of the old refund thing. So any exclusives were on SS only, and then that deal ran out.

If you want to buy from the EA of the statue industry power to you, same if you don't want to buy from PCS. But I don't think you'll find many people that would find your viewpoint of not letting us have some of their savings, especially with those arguments :|