Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #121
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Batman v Superman has the best fighting I've seen in any comic movie.
Yeah that one warehouse scene saved the movie for me. Too bad there was so little action.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #122
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
A lot of the fights in BvS (nightmare and when he breaks in to save Martha) reminded me of how the fights in the Arkham games are, which is exactly how I always imagined he would fight, especially for someone who is supposed to go toe to toe with other super-powered people.

Thinking back on the Nolan Batman and his fight with Bane, that was simply just a knuckles to knuckles brawl, which may suit a more realistic world like the one created of Nolan. Batman fights as I would imagine he would in the BvS movie.

However, I thought the movie was more or less crap, Batman himself made up for it.
Yes, Nolan's Batman was much more grounded in reality hence the lack of superhuman strength/speed.
It was mentioned early on regarding Batfleck that since this was the Batman of the Justice League, he would be way more impressive and comic accurate (thank god) in order to keep up with the other characters.

Snyder and the design/fight teams undoubtedly got some inspiration from the Arkham games. Never played them but I have watched a ton of vids and right from that trailer where you could see some bits of the warehouse fight, it was obvious.
The Batmobile is clearly inspired by the game's version as well.

In my opinion that was the right decision, that's how Batman should fight, it's so brutal and entertaining. Snyder has many flaws as a director/storyteller but he knows fight scenes, that's for sure.

The warehouse scene is the best fighting I have seen in a comic book movie. I love Cap vs Winter Soldier, Cap in the elevator as well, but this is on another level.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #123
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Yeah that one warehouse scene saved the movie for me. Too bad there was so little action.
It was definitely a story driven film. I'm okay with that, because I did enjoy the story. I loved how much they went into the psychology of Bruce and Lex. I loved how they went into the real world ramifications of having someone like Superman. The only part of the movie I don't like is Doomsday.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:16 AM   #124
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
I'm right your wrong.

If you want exact run times of horrid fight scenes in the movie I can provide that to you. Other than that I have no desire to watch that crap movie again.
Troll
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:24 AM   #125
SONICobra
Batman

as much as I love the Nolan trilogy "rises" was a miss and any fight scene involving extras was terrible among several other sloppy mistakes. the movie as a whole felt like the production was rushed and they didn't take the same care they did with BB and TDK

fight scenes in both the first two movies were great imo, batman seemed very methodical but improvisational at the same time

that said if theres one thing Snyder does well its fight scenes and the warehouse scene is probably my favorite fight scene in any movie ever
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:47 AM   #126
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
that said if theres one thing Snyder does well its fight scenes and the warehouse scene is probably my favorite fight scene in any movie ever
Two words… THE-RAID
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:48 AM   #127
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Two words… THE-RAID
Oh hell yeah.
It seems very inspired. All that face smashing into the floorboards and walls.It was literally the first thing that came to my head.But The Raid has easily the most entertaining fight scenes ever.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:08 AM   #128
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
I'm right your wrong.

If you want exact run times of horrid fight scenes in the movie I can provide that to you. Other than that I have no desire to watch that crap movie again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Troll
Dood - indeed you need to take it down a notch. I didn't love the film either but there is no need to disrespectfully dissent with those that do.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:18 AM   #129
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I just recently saw this movie twice; The theatrical release, and extended edition, and thought the extended edition made the movie much more enjoyable. People keep saying that Batman kills in this. But I hadn't seen him kill anyone directly in the film. The people that got blown up or whatever, I take that as collateral damage, and that the bad guys died by their own hands, while Bats was defending himself.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:22 AM   #130
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I just recently saw this movie twice; The theatrical release, and extended edition, and thought the extended edition made the movie much more enjoyable. People keep saying that Batman kills in this. But I hadn't seen him kill anyone directly in the film. The people that got blown up or whatever, I take that as collateral damage, and that the bad guys died by their own hands, while Bats was defending himself.
Pretty sure quite a few of the bad guys died during the warehouse scene
Actually that last one that he stabs with a knife against the wall, you can see Batman come back to him at the end and it's implied that he stabs him in the stomach.

I'm fine with it, I really don't care. I know that's not the "purist" approach but what matters to me is the acting, the action, the psychology of the character, the gadgets/suit/vehicles/Batcave, etc... If all of that is awesome (and it is), I don't care if he kills a few guys, especially considering that for a lot of the kills, like you said, he is just defending himself.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote