Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #701
Took
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Totally hear yah on this. We went back and forth a LOT with this piece, what to include, what to nix, etc... All the good, the bad, and the ugly of all possibilities... We didnt want to take away from the original Exclusive, but we didnt want this guy to feel too "naked" either with the exclusion of the staff.

So to me, with the paint scheme going into the cannon arm, it makes it unique to this variant. If you got the original Exclusive it has a paint scheme that matches that version. Plus you have the base stamp to confirm that it's the actual Exclusive.

If someone got the Standard Edition of the previous release, and ponied up the money to get this guy too JUST for the exclusive parts, they'll have to do some work to make the parts work together, and the base stamp will never be the Exclusive Edition.

So yah... definitely not a perfect solution, but hoping people see this as a genuine effort for a variant for a lot of fans who grew up with more of an attachment to the filmation show, while trying to keep the original offerings unique and special in their own way.

Sorry man, now the only thing that makes the Ex the ex, is the bottom of the baseplate. All the parts that made it the exclusive, are going to be reissued on a new variant. That's just screwing over the fans who (sometimes painstakingly) managed to get hold of the Ex in the first place.
Sure, this new version has a slightly different paintjob, but that's just minor compared to the completely different parts that you got with the Ex.

But it's good to know with what kind of company we're dealing with.
Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #702
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The variant looks nice and its tempting. But I'm not as thrilled as others. Make me worry about future statues being released with variants already planned. It would be different if all versions were shown up front so you could pick the one you like the most. The EX has lost some of its luster with this variant. That's undeniable.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #703
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
The variant looks nice and its tempting. But I'm not as thrilled as others. Make me worry about future statues being released with variants already planned. It would be different if all versions were shown up front so you could pick the one you like the most. The EX has lost some of its luster with this variant. That's undeniable.
To be fair, I wouldn't expect them to make two different versions at the same time without knowing how well it would sell. From a 'do right by the collectors' perspective, now being able to see how well the line is selling, I think showing or even just announcing the possibility is the way to go going forward. ...a business perspective is a little different.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #704
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Totally hear yah on this. We went back and forth a LOT with this piece, what to include, what to nix, etc... All the good, the bad, and the ugly of all possibilities... We didnt want to take away from the original Exclusive, but we didnt want this guy to feel too "naked" either with the exclusion of the staff.

So to me, with the paint scheme going into the cannon arm, it makes it unique to this variant. If you got the original Exclusive it has a paint scheme that matches that version. Plus you have the base stamp to confirm that it's the actual Exclusive.

If someone got the Standard Edition of the previous release, and ponied up the money to get this guy too JUST for the exclusive parts, they'll have to do some work to make the parts work together, and the base stamp will never be the Exclusive Edition.

So yah... definitely not a perfect solution, but hoping people see this as a genuine effort for a variant for a lot of fans who grew up with more of an attachment to the filmation show, while trying to keep the original offerings unique and special in their own way.
I think that erring on the side of providing more options and opportunities to fans was definitely the right move for a character like Hordak.

He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, and Hordak are the types where if people can't get the character or the version they want then they might walk away from the whole line rather than continue with such a gaping hole in the collection.

Why get Horde Troopers with no Hordak to lead them? Or any other member of the Horde for that matter. And so on.

Plus with Hordak there's a time honored tradition of toy and collectible companies making both the grey and the blue versions available.

Now for charaters like Stinkor or Snout Spout yeah I can see sticking to a more rigid ES.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #705
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Took View Post
Sorry man, now the only thing that makes the Ex the ex, is the bottom of the baseplate. All the parts that made it the exclusive, are going to be reissued on a new variant. That's just screwing over the fans who (sometimes painstakingly) managed to get hold of the Ex in the first place.
Sure, this new version has a slightly different paintjob, but that's just minor compared to the completely different parts that you got with the Ex.

But it's good to know with what kind of company we're dealing with.
Like he said if you want grey regular Hordak to have an arm cannon then this new version will do you no good since the colors won't match.

Otherwise if your only complaint is that only the colors differentiate the EX from the variant keep in mind that statue companies have literally been doing that for years. Sideshow's famous exclusive Grey Hulks in both PF and diorama form are legendary examples that no one ever complained about. No one will be able to pass off this new Hordak as an original EX. It will be instantly recognizable as a new variant with but a glance due to the striking color difference.

Also I've seen a lot of people display their OG EX with both the cannon and staff which won't be an option for this version.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #706
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

New pics up. Gotta say, the colors look pretty awesome.
MechWestern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #707
Khev

Yep, looks awesome.

Since the original toy came with a red minion accessory I wonder if they'll do a blue variant on that as well to match the cartoon imp.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #708
Khev

Man I hope that if they revisit She-Ra they give us a nice marriage of realistic and Filmation like they did with Teela. Please no long dagger shaped skirt or pleated gladiator skirt.

Something along these lines would be perfect IMO:

Old 09-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #709
NamesJay
The Spirit

I probably would have preferred this version to the original but I can't afford to buy everything that comes out and I already have the OG so this will be a pass for me.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #710
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

$100.00 more for less switch outs. I'm very happy with my OG EX. Love that She-Ra art too. That would make a great statue pose.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote