Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-20-2024, 02:19 PM   #11
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
HMMM did he RETHINK THAT
was a package license so Aliens
I'd love to see PCS do some Aliens stuff. How about a dio of Hudson blasting some Xenos

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hudson.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	169282  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #12
craigcliff1
Zot

I MENTIONED to Ant that P1 stuff is TOO MUCH and shipping SUCKS, you can take over Pred, Aliens in US.
so much cool stuff to make.
Ant was so hyped about having the license set, but said HMMMM do I want to mees with License P1 does.
he said no. he wants to try and have license that few companies, or no companies does
but Star Wars,, Pred Aliens are just not do.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:38 PM   #13
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I MENTIONED to Ant that P1 stuff is TOO MUCH and shipping SUCKS, you can take over Pred, Aliens in US.
so much cool stuff to make.
Yea, but these would still be manufactured overseas. They will certainly pass on those shipping costs to the customers. You're still looking at a close to $3k piece however you want to look at it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:47 PM   #14
Blade3327
Nightwing

They'd be wise to tackle easier or less-addressed designs from the franchise. Why not a Predalien? PCS can certainly handle that after doing Sil, they just need to gloss the hell out of it so it can be displayed next to Prime 1's Alien and Predator stuff without feeling out of place.

Or they can do busts. Prime 1 seems to have given up on the format.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:47 PM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

If you don't buy from p1 directly the shipping is reasonable.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:54 PM   #16
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
They'd be wise to tackle easier or less-addressed designs from the franchise. Why not a Predalien? PCS can certainly handle that after doing Sil, they just need to gloss the hell out of it so it can be displayed next to Prime 1's Alien and Predator stuff without feeling out of place.

Or they can do busts. Prime 1 seems to have given up on the format.
I always forget about the Predalien. It was a very cool design that definitely deserves more attention. I think most of us agree here that PCS could compete if they tackle any other character than the JH. They should be able to do cheaper AVP Preds as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:32 PM   #17
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
PCS has undeniable gotten better over the past couple years, but doing a Jungle Hunter Predator that can top Prime 1's? To say it's a long shot is an understatement. Just topping the base alone would be tough enough. Not saying it's a bad thing though if they give it a shot.
They don't have to top the base. I prefer a more simplistic and not oversized base. The predator is also way too big for 1/3. They just have to make a simple base with a true 1/3 scale predator. That is it IMO. Also if they commit to accuracy they can improve on the P1 predator which still has accuracy problems.

I am very curious what will they do. I think they can beat P1 at the sculpt department but probably not at the paint. More option is always good. We will see if they gonna succed or not. Personally I am not fan of the P1 Jungle Hunter so I hope they can pull this off.

By the way I would really like Elite Creature Collectibles to give a shot at it again. They surely could do the predator justice.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:22 PM   #18
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
They don't have to top the base. I prefer a more simplistic and not oversized base. The predator is also way too big for 1/3. They just have to make a simple base with a true 1/3 scale predator. That is it IMO. Also if they commit to accuracy they can improve on the P1 predator which still has accuracy problems.

I am very curious what will they do. I think they can beat P1 at the sculpt department but probably not at the paint. More option is always good. We will see if they gonna succed or not. Personally I am not fan of the P1 Jungle Hunter so I hope they can pull this off.

By the way I would really like Elite Creature Collectibles to give a shot at it again. They surely could do the predator justice.
Big elaborate bases are a personal taste that seems split with collectors & is subjective. For instance, I have all the Prime 1 Aliens that have large bases and wouldn't want their bases shaved off for space reasons. I got the room for them luckily & like that they incorporate the atmosphere of the characters. I have the Prime 1 Jungle Predator & the Berserker on PO, which have awesome bases. Their bases are a feast for the eyes.

I hear you though. What's interesting to me though is if PCS does try to make some 1/3 Predators too, I know they'll make them a normal 1/3 size....but if they oversized their Preds to match the Prime 1 line, just maybe they could tap into the P1 consumers market with different ones?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:39 PM   #19
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Big elaborate bases are a personal taste that seems split with collectors & is subjective. For instance, I have all the Prime 1 Aliens that have large bases and wouldn't want their bases shaved off for space reasons. I got the room for them luckily & like that they incorporate the atmosphere of the characters. I have the Prime 1 Jungle Predator & the Berserker on PO, which have awesome bases. Their bases are a feast for the eyes.

I hear you though. What's interesting to me though is if PCS does try to make some 1/3 Predators too, I know they'll make them a normal 1/3 size....but if they oversized their Preds to match the Prime 1 line, just maybe they could tap into the P1 consumers market with different ones?
Sure I agree. It's subjective. I am more for a simple base but obviously the predators have quality bases but they are just too much for my taste. I am excited and I hope they can come up with something good. Make the pred more accurate and true size with a simple base and it is already something different. Lot's of people had problem with the big base and oversized pred with P1. I think those will be interested in that. I have the P1 Big Chap and the predator shouldn't be much bigger than that IMO.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:59 PM   #20
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Sure I agree. It's subjective. I am more for a simple base but obviously the predators have quality bases but they are just too much for my taste. I am excited and I hope they can come up with something good. Make the pred more accurate and true size with a simple base and it is already something different. Lot's of people had problem with the big base and oversized pred with P1. I think those will be interested in that. I have the P1 Big Chap and the predator shouldn't be much bigger than that IMO.
After thinking about it for a few, I'd agree with you that if they make a true traditional 1/3 scale Predator with less of a base, it would sell better than trying to match the Prime 1 in size etc. for a cheaper alternative. It would scale better with our Aliens. I'm still not convinced they can pull it off though. The P1's netting, intricate skull necklaces, the real metal blades, light-ups & mixed media are pretty high-end. Not to mention the obvious paint & sculpt will be a tall order. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye out!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote